Wyndham Palm-Aire

Pompano Beach, Florida

Reviews of Wyndham Palm-Aire

Pompano Beach, Florida

4.0

Have you been to Wyndham Palm-Aire lately?

By brendas4 Feb 8, 2010

We stayed March 2009. Unit was nice and large, and felt clean enough. Staff was very friendly and helpful. My kids enjoyed the pools and the play area/equipment. Also had fun with some of the activities. A nice place for young kids, with a good kiddie pool for them, a little mini golf course they like, and other equipment. Would never stay here for the "fun of the resort", but it was a pleasant place to be while we were there. But, when it comes down to it, we were disappointed that we weren't on the beach. Every time we went to the beach we could not find parking. Supposedly you can park at their "sister hotel", but there was no space there either. It was amazing how long (and frustrating) it took us to park and walk to the beach. So if you are coming for the wonderful beach, I would stay somewhere else. Other cons: the trash was piled up disgustingly high and smelly in the trash chute area. You could smell it way before you got there. I would have been mad if my room was close to that. And the trash outside was piled all around the dumpsters. Other then that, the grounds were very pleasant. They did clear away the outdoor trash after a few days.

By rfreynolds Updated Jan 8, 2009

I have stayed at this resort in the past ( prior Wyndham ) and I looked forward to our stay over Thanksgiving based on that experience. I assumed that with the Wyndham takeover, it would only get better. What a tremendous disappointment. Shabby furnishings. Dirty Dishes. One elevator for a fully occupied building the wait from the fourth floor was never less than twenty minutes. We hauled all of our luggage down the stairs and out through the shrubs after a forty five minute wait for an elevator on checkout day. The staff ranged from ambivilent at best to downright rude most of the time. Never ever again. We travel to Florida at least once a month and I am a big time share fan but I would have preferred a Microtel to this place.

By ronald292 Jan 2, 2009

Excellent resort with many amenities and a short drive to the beach. Has it all.....Super resort. Stay there every winter as we snowbird it to Florida.

By barbarac110 Oct 14, 2007

This resort was just bought by Wyndham and believe me it will only get better!

By james2935 Jun 11, 2007

Just returned from a week at the resort, May 27 to June 2.

I was there on an exchange and got a top floor 2 bedroom unit facing the golf course.

The unit was comfortable, but I was put off by the burn marks in the carpet and the stains on the bedspread and the carpet.

There is no housekeeping during the week.

The complex could use a good scrubbing and it would be nice if the internet could print pdf files.

I found it to be an average resort, nothing special.

I probably will not return.

By joem192 Updated Jan 8, 2007

This resort was everything that we expected. My family had a wonderful time here. There was always activities going on. There is a cute childrens park and pool There was a water slide but wasnt always opened at the times we went to it.

The stay was pleasant and the staff was friendly. I was able to catch up on laundry in our own room, what a savior. Nice view of the pool and their was a jacuzzi in the room and by the pool was a hot tub.

Amenties were grand and our practically free breakfast at Scoogins was great and very generous. I would definelty go again to the same resort.

By lisad211 Dec 15, 2006

Stayed at this resort for 7 days. Excellent. All 3 Towers are clean. Service was excellent, staff friendly and helpful. Plenty of activities. Pools clean. Property very well maintained. Great attractions nearby. Yes, I will definitely stay at this resort again and again.

By noreen10 Updated Nov 7, 2006

Exceptional Location, amenities, BEAUTIFUL UNITS! Activities are great for Kids and adults alike!! PERFECT PERFECT!! A MUST SEE resort!! Convenient and gorgeous!

By aprillb Jun 17, 2006

EXCELLENT!!!!! HOUSEKEEPING WAS GREAT ANYTHING WE NEEDED AND THEY WERE RIGHT ON IT!!!! I WILL BE BACK AGAIN AND AGAIN!

By karen411 Updated Mar 25, 2006

We rented here for two weeks and found the accomodations wonderful. In a previous review, someone mentioned the sun does not shine in the pool area during certain times and we found that not to be true, however, we did have to move our chairs during the day.

As positive notes, there were always lounge chairs to be found, the accomodations were nice and clean, the activities for the kids were just enough, it was nice to be able to purchase lunch at the pool, the gym was above the usual standard for a hotel, going to the beach and using the facilities at the Royal Vista was great.

As negative notes, for a few days I did not have hot water (maybe it was the time of day I always took a shower), the area outside of the "fairfield playground" was a little shaky.

Bottom line, I would definitely stay there again!!

By adahiscout Feb 16, 2005

We've owned at Palm Aire for years and finally got around to staying there this January. I rather had the impression that it was so large that it was a "vacation warehouse" so it was a pleasure to learn that some of the less attractive buildings in the Palm Aire development area were not part of the Fairfield resort. There are two new and very attractive pool areas added since we bought and good activities planned. The units are well laid out and well equipped. I found the color scheme in our building a bit "washed out" but that is a matter of personal preference.

Palm Aire is close to several golf courses and about a ten minute drive from the beach where guests can use the facilities of any of the Fairfields which are on the water. They use Palm Aire's spa. It's a nice symbiosis.

By james2702 Updated Jan 29, 2005

We stayed in the 4BR Presidential Penthouse at Sabal Palm, and WOW what an experience! We have also stayed in 2BR units with equal satisfaction.

This place is FABULOUS!! Not far from Las Olas or South Beach, if you have a car. Great location!

By waltandpatti Updated Jan 1, 2005

Stayed in the new Sabal Palm, 2 bedroom unit. Very nice, large units. Used the pool area, lots of activities for kids and adults put on by resort. No pressure to attend timeshare presentations. Good location to places in Fort Lauderdale area. Played golf, five good courses, including executive course. Will stay here again.

By smith2601 Jul 5, 2004

I was pleasantly surprised and will stay there again. The rooms were nicely decorated and the kitchen had been recently renovated. The pools and miniture golf were greatly enjoyed by the kids. They need to be more creative with daily activities and provide more seats for guest interested in visiting sister property/beach. The spa is small but the services were great.

Housekeeping services should be available for FREE at least one day. It was a pain taking out your own gabage and changing all your own bedding. Was not pressured to attend owner's update/evaluation.

Although this resort is not on the beach it is a nice place.

By nauga1 Feb 24, 2004

Stayed in Sabal Palm, two bed/2 bath. New building, quite comfortable and roomy. Golf discounts at five courses, including walkable executive course. February weather warm, reaching low eighties. Gated resort which provides some security. Adequate activities on site . Much to do in area.

By ddkeeb Jan 1, 2003

The units are large and beautifully decorated. There is a full spa. The golf courses are currently being renovated and are not in the best shape.