La Costa Beach Club Resort

Pompano Beach, Florida

Timeshare reviews at La Costa Beach Club Resort

Pompano Beach, Florida

By bobi2 Updated Mar 27, 2016

I own here and now that a multi million dollar renovation is complete it is one of the nicest resorts in the Greater Fort Lauderdale area. Beautiful beach, three swimming pools that are both indoors and outdoors. Two Jacuzzi's and great restaurants within a 5 minute drive. With the location a short walk from the Hillsboro Lighthouse you can witness a beautiful sunrise as Yachts leave the inlet each morning. Great location for family's or couples.

By chriskre Apr 19, 2009

I stayed here on a Last Call thru RCI in 2007. I haven't been there since then but this was my experience. The staff is very nice and the location is nice. It's got a nice beach outside although we had a unit in the front of the resort overlooking the parking lot so it was a bit of a trek with all our stuff to the sand. Our unit was nice though. Had wood floors in the bedroom and enough stuff to make our visit very comfortable. 2 TV's and a nice huge balcony that had lounge chairs and a full table for 4. We had visitors during the day and this was real convenient for sunset dinners. Great kitchen with everything we needed. My complaints are not about the rooms but rather the resort itself. When we were there the indoor pool was being refurbished so hopefully by now it's done. There are also 2 other pools and honestly they were not the cleanest. The hot tub didn't bubble at all but was like a hot soaking tub. The barbecues were not gas so you had to buy charcoal. And it seemed that the average age of the patrons was 70ish. Now usually that's not a problem since I'm in my 40's but, I guess some in our group were a little too rowdy for this crowd and there were complaints. My friends tried to rent a room there and were told that they wouldn't rent to them. Honestly I guess if I were older and wasn't used to Latin style beach vacations I'd feel the same way. My friends were a bit rowdy for the ambiance and should have adjusted their attitudes to the place. All that playing dominos, listening to the boom box and drinking beer at the barbecue area was a bit much for this place. So if you are going with a loud group then find another resort, but if you are going with grandma, you'll enjoy it here. Actually it's probably even a good place for a quiet family with well behaved children. The location is great, close to Fort Lauderdale if you want some night life. There is also a nice pier nearby to go fishing at night. We did that a few days.

By elizabeth39 Updated Aug 24, 2008

Another week right on the beach. Units are small as this is an older T/S condo built when people were happy with small and wanted beach front.

There are 3 pools plus the ocean to keep you entertained. People are really nice.

The resort next door has B/L/D plus a tiki bar. There are plenty of places to eat and take out in the area. A short drive to Fort Lauderdale and all of it's activities.

Resort has been totally renovated and is clean and neat. 300' of private beach (and my room was right on the beach, with a huge ocean front window).

We enjoyed our stay as always. We did stay at the Marriott one week in Fort Lauderdale and I was disappointed (sorry Marriott owners). The haul to the beach was just too far for me, and it was a large more business style hotel design.

People may rate this lower, and give it bad reviews but you can't compare an older sea side resort to the modern Marriotts and other resorts newly build today.

If you want a quite location, smaller resort, in a prime location, this is it.

Consider that you pay much over $100 for a budget motel in this area that is a haul from the ocean, this place is a bargain and a gem.

By joes274 Updated May 26, 2006

Great Location. 300 Feet of Private Beach

Plenty of activities nearby

Units, although small, are being renovated so many have up to date amenities and modern fictures.

A lot of work has been put into this resort!

Staff very pleasant and Helpful

I call it my little secret hideaway.

By winthroplass Mar 28, 2005

I am an owner at La Costa and have just returned from Week 12 there. If you are used to a Gold Crown or Resort of Distinction, then you will probably be disappointed in La Costa because the Units are small in comparison and not as luxurious. But, if you are looking for a wonderful place on the beach, friendly helpful staff, and comfortable rooms with everything you need, since most of the time you spend outside anyway, then you will enjoy La Costa. They are in the process of redecorating the rooms and they are going to be beautiful when finished and the landscaping is lush. New management and a very active Board are going to bring this resort back up to the high standard it once was.

By kim1733 Feb 13, 2005

We stayed March of 2004 and truly was disappointed. The location is great, we loved watching the wind surfers. The bad was the room. Peeling paint, furniture that needed to be replaced many years before, ants in the kitchen. We also were disappointed in the pools...we were so excited about the option of three, but only one was heated and was pretty chilly for our tastes. The staff at the desk was very non-helpful. If the resort gets the updates it needs it would be a great place.

By anthony162 Dec 5, 2004

The resort has and is in the process of upgrading. It is a great place to get away from it all. Enjoyed many a sites and good restaurants nearby.

By carmel1 Updated Feb 16, 2004

I own 3 weeks here and I love it. Although it may not be the newest it is a warm and caring resort with really nice people. It is on its way up with the new managment. A real gem.

By smith2601 Jan 11, 2004

I wanted to cry when I arrived at La was AWFUL! I stayed there during springbreak and was very disappointed. The only nice person was the security guard. This place is a dump, the exercise room was outdated and rooms have not been updated for 15-20 years. Believe the reviews that state this place is a one star unless they have renovated it !

By joannoelle Updated Nov 21, 2003

We own here and go every year. The resort is clean and well kept. The beach is wonderful. We especially enjoy the heated pool. The area has much to offer.

By poppop Updated Sep 27, 2003

I stayed there for 5 weeks and i think its one of the nices places down there people were all so friendly.There in the middle of remolding so it will make it that much better.When i left there i stayed in a 5 star resort i'll take LaCosta any day. They just done alot of work this year and painted the place,So I'm going back this year for 8 weeks Its really on it's way up.

By fs4444 May 19, 2003

I stayed there last year in a reasonable nice corner ground floor unit. The unit is older, BUT it is right on the ocean - and the price was right!

By boba81 Apr 23, 2003

We just returned from week 15 at La Costa where we are owners in the tower unit. The tower unit is undergoing badly needed renovations and most of the balconies were not usable. Aside from that our unit was clean and comfortable. The view of the Ocean and the breezes was very nice. This is an older resort but still comfortable.

By ertl Mar 16, 2003

This is an older place, but I enjoyed my stay. The only complaint that I would have would be with the hot tubs. The outside one was just a tepid tub, and someone left a bar of soap in the inside one and for some reason it didn't seem to be a priority to remove the soapy water. Other than that, I had a wonderful time and the staff was nice.

By qazx Mar 8, 2003

totaly renovated, top beach resort

By helen Updated Feb 9, 2003

I took my very best friend here for what I thought was going to be an excellent vacation.The only good thing about this resort is it close to the ocean. Don't use your timeshare week. What a waste!!

By dklisowsky Jan 10, 2003

Our family of four spent an April week here in '98. This is probably a converted oceanfront motel - quite old, quite small and in poor shape. Cannot recommend it.