Caribe Beach Resort

Sanibel Island, Florida

Reviews of Caribe Beach Resort

Sanibel Island, Florida

4.8

Have you been to Caribe Beach Resort lately?

By ronaldd177 Mar 24, 2015

Great beach resort!

By marys838 Updated Dec 30, 2013

Caribe is a wonderful place. Quiet, friendly, comfortable..... This is one of our most favorite locations. The beach is great and shelling is terrific. Great restaurants close by. Can't wait to go back.

By mickieh2 Updated Jun 7, 2013

We took a mini-vacation to the Caribe during the first week of May, 2013, and were delighted with the experience! We are independent travelers who don't require a lot of pampering, so the Caribe suited our needs quite well. We ended up buying three weeks there!

This resort is older, but well-maintained, with lovely landscaping. The furnishings are basic, but good for people who don't want to worry about their children ruining things. The property extends to the beach, which is shell heaven. The swimming pool is a nice size (not for laps) and is heated. For my taste, it was too warm, but others may like it that way.

The units are very small, but adequate. Most are efficiencies, with just a couple of one bedroom units and a two bedroom cottage. The Murphy bed was kind of cool, but we left it down the whole time we were there. There is a partition between the Murphy bed and the sofa bed, so if one wanted to watch TV it wouldn't disturb the other. That was definitely appreciated.

I would not recommend an efficiency for more than two adults. It might be fine for parents or grandparents traveling with young children, but, in my opinion, it would just be too tight for two adult couples or adults and teenage or young adult children.

I noticed that many people who were there had been going to the Caribe their whole lives, starting as children, and now 30 years later, going with their own families. This says a lot. I also noticed that quite a few employees remarked about how they love it there, almost as if they have found a life's mission. How can that be topped?

Sanibel Island is a wonderful family-friendly place. People ride bikes all over the island, and I noticed that there are no nightclubs or bars (except in restaurants.) I think that this cuts down on a lot of problems and helps to provide a wholesome atmosphere. The Margaritaville crowd may not find it fun, but for quieter types, it is marvelous. There are plenty of outdoor activities to keep everyone from being bored. There are no high-rises on Sanibel, which contributes to a low-key atmosphere. We expect to come back many times in the future.

By willowjoi Updated Apr 26, 2005

We love this place!! We own at four 5 star resorts and at the Caribe and this one is without a doubt our favorite. Quaint, quiet and the best staff around!! No damage from Hurricane Charley at this time.