Shawnee Village

Shawnee-on-Delaware, Pennsylvania

Reviews of Shawnee Village

Shawnee-on-Delaware, Pennsylvania

2.0

Have you been to Shawnee Village lately?

By semens Updated Jun 3, 2013

My wife and I spent 4th of July week at Shawnee. We were pleasently surprised. Very nice 2 bedroom townhouse near Delawer river. The townhouses had been totally remodeled in 2009, all new flooring, appliances, furniture, paint, etc. Family oriented with beaches, water sports, pools, hiking, lot of wildlife. But still very quiet and peaceful. Everything very clean and well maintained ! Exchamge from both RCI or Interval international. In winter time great ski place for family

By deborah109 Aug 17, 2004

We have been vacationing/timesharing in this area (Treetops, Greenhouse, Shawnee) for many years and it never ceases to amaze us that Shawnee is still allowed to accept exchanges - it IS a dump! Renovations are rare. Units were falling apart, while they were building new units right next door! Exchange into Treetops or Fairway Villas at Fernwood on Rt. 209 for the best in timeshare exchanges. Drive right past Shawnee.

By wagnerx Feb 7, 2003

This was the worst exchange I ever made - the place was a dump. It was also my first exchange and I wondered what I had gotten myself into!

It's the oldest resort listed with RCI and I doubt any renovations were done between when it was built and when I stayed there in the early 90s - very 1970s decor - shag carpet in various shades of olive green, burnt orange and (bed room) red. Sofa cushions sagging with huge gaps between them. I think my mother threw this furniture out in 1974.

However, the resort itself (aside from the units) was good - lots of thing to do - we skied, rode horses, skied and went to several craft and dancing classes.

I would not exchange back to this resort but maybe (if nothing else was available and I just had to be in this area) I would consider an exchange into a different resort in Shawnee- on-the-Delaware ( a newer section).