Calabogie Peaks Resort

Calabogie, Ontario, Canada

Reviews of Calabogie Peaks Resort

Calabogie, Ontario, Canada

5.0

Have you been to Calabogie Peaks Resort lately?

By colden Oct 25, 2004

This is a nice resort in a beautiful area. I'm sure it's hoppin' with skiers in the winter.

We visited in June and enjoyed the peaceful lake with few tourists. We included this week on part of a 6 week road trip from Virginia to Prince Edward Island, Nova Scotia and back down the new england coast. This resort offered a great peaceful stay for a week.

The suite was very clean, well equipped with everything we could need including dishwasher, washer and dryer...very nice furnishings, etc.

The staff is what I remember most however. They were a 5 star staff! We had to bring our laptop on this trip and had a hard time with connections. I'm telling you they bent over backwards to accomodate our needs and it didn't go unnoticed.

The area is beautiful.. try getting up to Algonquin park and taking the Barren Trail.. it's magnificient! Cologne Falls are nearby, the first Polish settlement...town of Wilno is a great place. You'll enjoy your quiet stay here.

This is a beautiful resort. We decided to try their restaurant onsite and so glad we did. They offered Carabou that night. I had heard about a real fancy place at the Duck.. but I can't imagine it being any better than there at Calabogie Peaks.. great value, great location and just a FANTASTIC staff.