Taboo Resort & Golf I & II

Gravenhurst, Ontario, Canada

Reviews of Taboo Resort & Golf I & II

Gravenhurst, Ontario, Canada

3.6

Have you been to Taboo Resort & Golf I & II lately?

By michaelt387 Oct 25, 2011

The unit was not clean and had many, many ants in the kitchen. We could not use the kitchen but to put stuff in the refrigerator. The master bed was not comfortable. We did not know that the unit was listed with a realtor for sale and there were unannounced showings during our stay. The resort shows better in pictures. It is an older resort which was re-branded and there are a lot of good things about it, but the rendering (vs. a picture) in the add makes it look new. The web site shows real pictures but the new fancy bar and restaruant areas are limited. I thought I was polite for only asking for the cleaning charge back from the owner since the unit was not clean and there were ants but was told the owner found stains in the carpet and needed to see if they could be cleaned. I never heard from her - and we spent little time in the unit. There is a lot of great stuff to do in Muskoka and this location is a good one. We had fun at the lake front waterskiing and canoeing.

By darquise1 May 31, 2008

I WISH TO CORRECT THE PREVIOUS REVIEW: THERE IS A FULL UNIT CLEANING MID-WEEK DURING YOUR STAY!!! JUST GOT BACK TODAY! AND THERE IS NO CHARGE FOR IT AND THE EXTRA SUPPLIES!

VERY LUXURIOUS RESORT, HARD TO GET THROUGH RCI .

By gemmag2 May 5, 2007

This resort is excellent. The condo units are spacious, comfortable, beutifully designed and well equipped. You are welcomed with slippers and bath robes for each guest,as well as soaps and lotions from the spa line.

The resort has a variety of activities on site such as skiing, snowshoeing, golfing and hiking. There is a pricey restaurant on site, but you do not have to choose to eat there, as the kitchens are fully functional. It appears that more options for dining are available in the summer.

You need a car to go anywhere outside the resort area.

Resort staff is very helpful, however you are charged for every extra in the unit (including packets of dish powder, or request for fresh linens as there is no housekeeping during the week stay).

Overall, this is a great winter or summer getaway close to Toronto.