Whistler Resort & Club

Whistler, British Columbia, Canada

Reviews of Whistler Resort & Club

Whistler, British Columbia, Canada

3.0

Have you been to Whistler Resort & Club lately?

By stuarts3 Apr 22, 2008

Three of us stayed in a one bedroom unit at the Whistler Resort and Club in Feb 08 for a week.

If you look at the resorts web site the first thing you see is a headline saying “Whistler Value Hotel” and that’s exactly what you get. Good adequate accommodation but not the luxury you would normally associate with timeshare.

Good points : unit size and location. The resort is an easy 5 minutes walk from the Creekside Gondola (we never waited any time all week) and 2 minutes to the Whistler shuttle bus that runs every 15 minutes. It’s in a very quiet area with a couple of very good restaurants close by.

Not so Good: Cleanliness and Décor. The bedroom, bathrooms and living areas were all clean and tidy. However, the kitchen wasn’t. Nothing that a few cleaning materials and half an hour of effort couldn’t resolve but it certainly hadn’t been cleaned thoroughly prior to our arrival. Also the décor was very dated and some of the furnishings were very worn and needing replaced

Would I stay there again, Yes if I was skiing with the boys (as I was this time) for the location, No if I had the family with me. My wife’s expectations would be for a less dated décor, furniture that wasn’t ripped and a very clean unit throughout.

For anyone thinking of going this summer you may want to check on the status of the outdoor swimming pool if it’s important to you as there was a notice from the local council from last summer enforcing closure of the swimming pool on health and safely ground.