Hotel Acapulco Malibu

Acapulco, Mexico

Timeshare reviews at Hotel Acapulco Malibu

Acapulco, Mexico

By pemorgan Oct 10, 2003

It was New Year's Eve, December 31, 1996. I arrived home about 5:30 PM at my suburban Chicago residence. It was extremely cold, and I soon attempted to take a nap. At 10:45 PM I drove into Chicago, left my car, and took the elevated train to O'Hare. It was 5 degrees below zero with a 50 below zero wind chill. At 6:00 AM the following morning, the plane landed in Mexico City. It was 32 degrees, and the ground crew were wearing their winter coats. Two hours later, my connecting flight landed in Acapulco, where it was 87 degrees and sunny.

The Hotel Acapulco Malibu is in the southern part of the hotel zone. The units are quite plain. There was a balcony, with a chair, overlooking the nearby buildings. There was no kitchen facilities, not even a microwave. Fortunately, I had a hot pot, but a portable burner would have been more efficient. There was a small refrigerator, sliightly larger than our room refrigerator during my college days. No TV, radio, or VCR. They didn't have DVDs in those olden days!

There is a pool, but no music. It was quite boring at the pool, but beach life was interesting.

Acapulco has "convenience stores", convenience is not among the terms I would use to describe these stores. You find Coke at one store, but no bread or peanut butter. You may have to go to three or four convenience stores to find everything you need. I did find a supermarket, but it was a walk.

I was depressed, almost frustrated. My second day there I decided to attend a sales presentation by Royal Holiday Club, a right to use club. I purchased their membership, and they moved me to the Acapulco Plaza, near the north end of the hotel zone.

Hotel Acapulco Malibu has a sterile appearance. It is not a fun and lively place to stay. I would not recommend this resort. However, there are some good Mexican seafood restaurants nearby, and Acapulco's legendary nightlife is close by. If you stay at this resort, plan to arrange your activities away from the resort.