Timeshare reviews at Kilconquhar Estate and Country Club

Fife, Scotland

By davstrobel Jan 26, 2004

Located maybe 2 miles from the Fife coast, this was an excellent resort. Very large and well furnished rooms; during our stay in Sept 2003, they upgraded our unit with DVD player and wide screen TV. Rental car almost a must, although the adventuresome can catch buses to St Andrews and all the Fife fishing villages.

By anylex Aug 25, 2003

Kilconquhar is undoubtedly a first class resort, with good leisure facilities and an equestrian centre on site. For golfers, there are, I think 52 golf courses within an hours drive and the site is 11 miles from St. Andrews. Housekeeping standards are very good, and both times we have stayed the properties have been spotless.

I would say that Kilconquhar and Kenmore Club are the two best resorts in Scotland, although Kenmore scores better on location, since being on the East Neuk there is a lot of relatively boring driving to do to reach the mountain country.

Kilconquhar is best visited with a car, although the X26 bus from Glasgow stops at the Gatehouse entrance, and tours are on offer by minibus through the week.

My only reservation is in the field of timeshare sales, where we had a bad experience with a salesman making promises of rental income which have not been achieved. Still, this should not put you off holidaying/vacationing at this superb resort, especially if you like horses and/or golf.

You can visit the resort at

If you wish to speak to me, especially if you have had bad timeshare sales experience here, please call 07860 953981.

Alex Nelson