Reviews of Melia Vacation Club at Melia Cozumel

Cozumel, Mexico

3.6

Have you been to Melia Vacation Club at Melia Cozumel lately?

By tys4 Updated Jun 12, 2012

Stayed here B4 the hurricane. Great place. Older but well maintained. Nice staff. Quiet. On the north end of the island so you have to ride taxis to town or to catch the dive boats (additional $).

Stayed here again in 2009 (I think - maybe 2010). I have been to Coz dozens of times over almost 30 years and have stayed here 3 or 4 times. I don't do the optional all-inclusive because I like to go to town. Resort is too far from town to walk so you will rack up some cab fares unless you rent a car. There are only a couple of places to eat on the north end so if you don't do the all-inclusive you'll need a cab. You also have to take a cab to catch most dive boats. The dive shops in town do not pick up on the north end of the island. However, there are some dive outfits that pick up at the resort. I have only used Dive Paradise since it first opened in the mid 80s so I take a cab to catch the dive boat.

Rooms are nice. Resort is well maintained. Beach is nice - one of the best beaches on Coz unless you go WAY down south, even farther from town. Staff is friendly. This place is quiet and was not crowded any of the times I stayed here.

P.S.: I am NOT an owner.

By linda3590 Updated Sep 5, 2008

These reviews need a more current report. We have been going to this resort for about 10 years and stayed at the Melia Cozumel in January of 2008. They have done an awesome job of remodeling/repair since the hurricane. Water in front of the resort is now clear and the beach is one of the best in Cozumel. Staff is friendly, fun, and very accommodating.

All inclusive is very good and a bargain, but is NOT mandatory if you don't want it. Entertainment, music, and activities are always a treat. Though we didn't have children with us, it appeared that they had numerous programs and activities for them.

We highly recommend this resort!

By robertp99 Jul 7, 2006

Excellent Value for an All-inclusive, top shelf unlimited drinks, gourmet food even on the buffet, staff is excellent. Timeshare rooms were very clean. Beach area is large but water tends to be unclear at times due to a pier interferring with natural currents otherwise it would be superb. A hundred yard walk down the beach and water is clear. Hotel needs to negotiate solution for water flow or reconstruction of pier to allow water flow under pier or similar.

By dcjm Updated Apr 21, 2004

We had a two week stay during Christmas and New Years of 2002/03. The staff were very friendly and went out of their way to ensure that our visit was a happy one. Edwin and Roy, the activities directors, kept everyone entertained with both poolside activities during the day and enjoyable stage performances in the evening. Daily maid service came with not only fresh linens, but flower arrangements too! Pools and beach were great. It's 5 km into town (3 miles); use resort bikes, on site car rentals or take a cab. We've booked again for Christmas and New Years 2004/05.

By mike0917 Updated Oct 2, 2002

Nice beach, friendly staff. Wide variety of food and activities on the All-Inclusive package. NOT close to town, so rent a car or pay for the cab. Rooms were updated nicely. DIVER DOWN!