Hotel y Club Villa de la Plata

Guanajuato City, Mexico

Timeshare reviews at Hotel y Club Villa de la Plata

Guanajuato City, Mexico

By jane348 Updated May 22, 2004

January visit. This resort was very disappointing. We went to reunite with my Mexican family and hoped to relax at the resort and swim in the pool. There was a lot of extremely hot water in the condo, but NO heat and the temps outside and inside were 40-50 F at night. The indoor pool was greenish and very cold. There was no heat in the pool area and it was cold! I live near Eastern Canada and I do not remember ever being as cold as in this resort. My two young children were very disappointed because I had promised swimming. All they could stand was getting their feet wet. The area has lots to offer and the staff was friendly.

By almeidas Jan 20, 2003

There wasn't much hot water, but the resort was clean and comfortable enough if you didn't expect much in the way of upscale accommodations. The area is interesting with a real cosmopolitan flair. Lots to see and do, with frequent concerts of all types at the University of Guanajuato. Wonderful food, very reasonably priced. I'd spend another week just to buy the cinnamon buns at the bakery section of the local supermarket and sit and eat them on the balcony.