Carihuela Park-Palace

Torremolinos, Spain

Timeshare reviews at Carihuela Park-Palace

Torremolinos, Spain

By sethm5 Updated Nov 8, 2010

I will start with the good: Overall a very nice atmosphere and location. Right near the beach and a nice shopping area. Also within a comfortable walk to the piers and a little more activity at Benalmadena. The staff was helpful, friendly, and so very hospitable. Languages spoken: Spanish, English, and Dutch (possibly more). Information in the lobby was posted or available on the local area. There is parking on-site. The room view was great. I was able to look south west and little north... with a very nice view of the water (Med) and the mountain area. Room service was good. They came on Tuesday and provided fresh linens, towels, and swept. There are convenient other facilities on premises... pool, tennis, restaurant.

However, now the flip side. For a 2 bedroom unit, everything was very small, but comfortable. Supposed to be able to accommodate 6 people with the pull out coach, but 4 would be tops as it would otherwise be too cramped. In the rooms... Single beds only, so we put two together. The beds a very firm... OK hard. We rinsed the dishes after we were done, but the next morning we found ants all over the dish towels and those same rinsed dishes. I then saw ant spray under the sink. So, they must have a big ant problem and any spec of food attracts the ants.

Unlike the timeshares I stayed at in the US since 1994, this was a basic unit with just the essentials. So, don't expect those little bottles of shampoo, conditioner, lotion, or even a bar of soap; nor dish-washing soap. You'll need to bring/buy yourself. Room did have a TV, but you had to rent the remote if you wanted to watch the teli. I had a hunch before I got there that standards would be different than what I was used to. I notice deterioration throughout the building... balcony and other areas were missing big chunks of concrete, with the steel rods totally exposed. Definitely not something I would buy into.

No computer / internet connections, but there is internet available downstairs at 50 Euros every 10 minutes. There is also a place across the street that is more economical and has hookup for your own computer if needed.

There was booklet in the room with area information... and a statement saying this was also available downstairs for free. Nope, not available. BUT, the staff went to Google and printed an area map for me.... again great staff.

I thought about given the overall review less than 3, but I had to put things into perspective. Hope that helps.