Viva Wyndham Maya

Playa del Carmen, Mexico

Timeshare reviews at Viva Wyndham Maya

Playa del Carmen, Mexico

By k4man Updated Sep 5, 2006

We had our first stay at Viva Maya in June, 2006--just this past summer. Resort is very clean, has several sit-down restaurant choices, along with beach & pool side snacks &/or the buffet...all a part of the all inclusive fee (not to mention the beverages!!) If you can't find anything here, you can visit (with a reservation) the sister resort just down the road, Viva Azteca.

Beautiful scenery right on the beach and great for scuba diving with Scuba Caribe. We had a great time. As owners with the Viva Wyndham family (in the Bahamas) we were treated as if THIS resort was our home.

By joyce291 Feb 19, 2006

We just got back from 9 wonderful days at this resort. The food, staff, beach were wonderful, as was the dive staff on site (Scuba Caribe). The beds are still a little hard, but they would not prevent us from going back. It was a great trip.

By luanne38 Jul 20, 2005

Our family stayed at this resort over Easter week and really enjoyed it. We had a 2 bedroom unit which was actually a first floor end studio unit connected to a hotel room. There was plenty of space for our two teenagers, my husband and myself.

The pool was fabulous but you do need to get there early to get a good seat. The ocean was great too and there was volleyball all day long ~ my son had a blast. There are palm huts on the beach if you want to stay out of the sun.

The only disappointing thing was the food in the buffets. It was mediocre at best. The elegant restaurant, Mexican restaurant, and sister resort's elegant restaurants were incredible. Make sure you book your dinner reservations right away when they open (I think it is 7 am). If you don't eat there you will be stuck with the buffet and again, it's so-so at best (I am rather picky).

Don't miss the nightly shows they are absolutely incredible. Even the shows I didn't think we would like we loved.

There is really nice shopping right outside of the resort in a small shopping center. The prices are decent and a great place for pictures.

We walked one afternoon to Playa. I wasn't that thrilled but I had a child with a visual handicap and it was difficult because the sidewalks in front of the stores are somewhat uneven. We didn't stay there too long because of that. I did talk to a lot of people that said they enjoyed Playa.

A few years ago we stayed in Cancun. There is no comparison between the two cities. Never again would I stay in Cancun. Too much noise, too crowded, too dirty, and too much traffic. Playa is a much more relaxed area. Very beautiful and tropical. The only things built up are the large resorts but they are all set back from the road and there is a lot of foliage. Everything is quite new. The people are not pushy like Cancun either.

If I could afford it, I would stay in Playa every spring break.

By donclem Mar 6, 2003

Well designed medium sized complex on beautifully landscaped grounds. Outstanding restaurant choices, which is just as well because it's mandatory all-inclusive. Attracts an upbeat younger, social crowd.