Lindo Mar Resort

Puerto Vallarta, Mexico

Reviews of Lindo Mar Resort

Puerto Vallarta, Mexico

4.5

Have you been to Lindo Mar Resort lately?

By diane876 Feb 1, 2010

This is the perfect retreat, no loud music, no frantic games, no anything but beautiful ocean views and soft breezes. This is an older resort with mostly older vacationers which suit us just fine. Not much of a place for any children. Great restaurant.

By punkybrewster Updated Jul 12, 2008

We were at Lindo Mar Resort in April 2007 in a 1 br on the 6th floor. Every unit has a great view, except perhaps the few lowest units which have the restaurant directly in front of them. There are excellent wall A/C units in both the living room and bedroom. We LOVE this place: it is quaint, homey & very Mexico with all the colored tile & colonial architecture. The pool is small but warm & adequate, the infinity hot tub is a hit with everyone. The restaurant is wonderful with daily happy hour specials. The scenery is fantastic & location just out of the way enough from town to be a bit removed & heavenly, although surrounded by other resorts & condos of similar style. Taxi or bus or walk to town cheaply & easily. Snorkel the small beach right in front or play in the tide pools. The units provide everthing you need, including a big water dispenser for your digestive peace of mind. The tour desk will accommodate all your desired activities with a smile. The daily maid service is exceptional---tip them! The view from your balcony will take your breath away. I almost hate to have to share this, but we mustn't be selfish! Rebecca Finch

By toml176 Feb 21, 2008

Spent a wonderful 12 days there. Excellent rooms, great happy hour, great view, beautiful location. Can't wait to go back. Tom & Dena p.s. HiJoe!

By ssspeak Updated May 24, 2005

I am a seasoned timeshare user for many years and have been to many resorts, mostly Gold Crown. I don't quite know how to put it into words, but the Lindo Mar has a special magic to it that I've not found elsewhere. It doesn't have all the amenities and activities that you can find in other resorts, although it has plenty enough for me! It's not right on the beach but is rather way up high on the side of the cliff, and when you open up the entire wall to let in the ocean sounds and breezes...well, it's magic. The units are beautifully decorated in "old Mexico" style decor and the restaurant is great. I can trade into any resort I choose in Puerto Vallarta with the trading power I have, but there is no question where I will stay again and again. I choose the Lindo Mar.

By bbrightbill Updated May 24, 2005

Fantastic views and lovely resort. Just far enough south from the main part of P.V. to allow a nice walk into town and also have that "exclusive private beach atmosphere" . We've enjoyed staying here 4 times in the past 10 years. Excellent staff and our weeks have traded very well too. We own too many weeks and have 3 others in P.V. in a "club" membership so think we'll sell this one... see listing

By kingman Updated May 24, 2005

LINDO MAR IS A LOVELY RESORT WITH A TERRIFIC BEACH THAT HAS VERY BEAUTIFUL ROCK FORMATIONS IN IT AND LOW SURF. THE SUNSETS FROM LINDO MAR ARE THE MOST BEAUTIFUL I HAVE EVER SEEN WHICH IS SIGNIFICANT SINCE I HAVE BEEN TO HAWAII FIVE TIMES.

LINDO MAR IS IN A RESIDENTIAL AREA SURROUNDED BY MULTI-MILLION DOLLAR VILLAS.

THE RESTAURANT IS GOOD AND THEY HAVE GOOD ROOM SERVICE.

I HAVE STAYED IN GOLD CROWN RESORTS AND VISITED SEVERAL OTHER RCI TIMESHARES IN PV. I WAS SO HAPPY TO HAVE SELECTED LINDO MAR EVEN THOUGH IT MISSED A FEW OF THE AMENITIES I AM ACCUSTOMED TO.

FOR EXAMPLE, THERE IS NO TV OR TELEPHONE IN THE BEDROOM. THE TV WAS IN AN AWKWARD PLACE IN THE LIVING ROOM. MY BOYFRIEND WENT TO THE STORE AND PURCHASED COAXLE CABLE SO THAT WE COULD PUT THE TELEVISION IN A MORE ACCOMODATING PLACE.

THERE IS NO LAUNDRY ON SITE SO YOU HAVE TO SEND IT OUT AND GET IT BACK THE NEXT DAY.

YOU HAVE TO CALL DOWNSTAIRS FOR AN IRON AND IRONING BOARD.

EVEN WITH THESE INCONVENIENCES AND HAVING LOOKED AT THE GOLD CROWN RESORTS IN PV, I WOULD STILL GO BACK TO LINDO MAR FOR THE COZINESS AND THE CHARM OF THE LOCATION. THE BATHROOM WAS BEAUTIFULLY DONE WITH GORGEOUS MEXICAN TILES. THE LIVING ROOM FURNITURE WAS HEAVY CARVED MAHOGHANY.THE RESORT HAS A VERY MEXICAN FEEL TO IT.

THE STAFF IS VERY ACCOMODATING AND SECURITY IS CONSTANT AND VERY VISIBLE.

PV IS A GREAT PLACE TO VACATION AND I AM HAPPY TO RECOMMEND LINDO MAR.