Hyatt Hacienda Del Mar

Dorado, Puerto Rico

Reviews of Hyatt Hacienda Del Mar

Dorado, Puerto Rico

4.2

Have you been to Hyatt Hacienda Del Mar lately?

By daler98 Updated Jun 26, 2016

A great resort with a beach that is out of this world first class!!!!

By dorothym202 Updated Apr 7, 2016

We visited for the first time over Easter break this March and absolutely loved the resort. A car is essential and provides the opportunity to eat at delicious local eateries and tour the island. The pool allows for lap swimming and the beach leaves nothing to be desired. The staff is by far the most exceptionally friendly, helpful and knowledgeable team I have yet to encounter.

By jeanne342 Oct 20, 2010

Perfect vacation. Wonderful staff. We'll be back.

By gaylem14 Jan 14, 2008

Hi Just got back from a wonderful experience at Hyatt Hacienda Del Mar. This was a timeshare we bought last year and were using this year for the first time for our honeymoon. I love the fact of very few people at the resort. The staff was unbelievably wonderful and friendly. Everything was clean and tidy. I can not wait until next year when we will plan the use of our timeshare week here again. Gayle & John

By cheryll Jan 10, 2008

As far as Hyatt properties go, this is shameful. If I were an owner here, I would be fuming. The property is in desperate need of a facelift because it is very dated. We stayed here in April of 2007, and were disappointed with how the property is being kept. It felt like we were adjoined to a ghost hotel with the vacancy of the Cerromar.

I wrote to the Hyatt management about my concerns, however, they were dismissed. It is tolerable here, just don't expect much more.

By scally Dec 8, 2007

Was there on Thanksgiving week and I had a great time the water was beautiful and wasn't overcrowded ,staff was wonderful

By brianw74 Updated Apr 23, 2007

Our family just got back from the Hyatt Hacienda Del Mar. Had a great time, the beach and pools are fantastic and you can't find better staff. As far as I can see, the only thing missing by the Cerromar closing; is the crowds. Hope to be back soon.

By ericc50 Mar 17, 2007

Great pools and beach. Perfect family vacation spot.

By marylyn1 Updated Feb 3, 2007

Just got back last week from our wonderful vacation here. The resort is fabulous and the staff couldn't have been more helpful or friendlier. The Hyatt does not force you into a presentation by offering lots of freebies and incentives to view their property. They leave you alone which is how we wanted our vacation to be.

The resort is about 40 minutes from the airport and about half an hour to anywhere to eat or tour. There was no nightlife except if you wanted to gamble, which we didn't. We usually cooked dinner in our 1 bdrm kitchen and watched American satellite TV. I think we would have spent more time at the resort if the weather was better but the days we did hang around it was paradise. I must add the the furnishings were in need of a rehab and there are no restaurants on site. You definitely need a car to enjoy this resort.

By danitao3 Updated Dec 28, 2006

This property has always been a joy to visit. The river pool is a lot of fun as well as beautiful. Keeps the kids occupied all day. I prefer the ocean which is right by the pool so we can do both. The full service gym recently received all new updated equipment. Its great. There is also a top class spa which I use several times during my stay. The spa menu could keep you indoors all week. but you don't want to miiss the perfect Puerto Rican weather outside. Its glorious.

As for the hotel closing, it has made the property much more enjoyable and less crowded. There are three restaurants available on the site and via a free shuttle. Other great local restaurants, food shopping and movie theather (english) are just down the road by a cab ride which is only 8 dollars round trip pp.

Oops, almost forgot, if your a golfer, there are two Robert Trent Jones courses along with tennis courts, miniture golf and bicycles to use. (I'm a beach bum myself). I have been traveling to puerto rico for over 15 years and the wonderful, friendly, accomadating people are always a pleasure. It is so great to get away with such ease and comfort. Anything you need they will help you with and with a smile. Enjoy your trip, you will return.

By aaronk12 Dec 20, 2006

Our purchase at Hacienda del Mar has been a big scam. The Hyatt hotel chain took away from us all the major attractions we were enjoying at the two properties, including the main hotel buildings of Hyatt Cerromar and Hyatt Dorado that were part of the timeshare purchase deal.

Right after we bought our timeshare, Hyatt closed Cerromar including restaurants, stores, casino, which was the main attraction for our decision to purchase at Hacienda del Mar at Hyatt Cerromar Beach. Then they closed Hyatt Dorado Resort. Because of the closing of most of the conveniences of the Hyatt Cerromar Hotel, we are basically left with only the timeshare building itself, and a pool. Welcome to Jailhouse Hacienda del Mar. I say "jailhouse" because if you want to buy anything, ie groceries, sundries or a decent meal or go to a casino, you must hire a taxi ($8 per person to closest town and $60 one way to San Juan where the nearest casinos are located) unless you were smart enough to rent a car at the airport.

Only a couple of years ago, this whole property was self-contained as any timeshare casinoresort/Hyatt hotel should be. Unfortunately, this is no longer the case. Hyatt Vacation Club owners nationwide beware - pretty soon, no Dorafo Beach lagoon access either, unless Hyatt makes a deal with the new property managers, Kemper Sports. This is a travesty to the Hyatt's loyal timeshare owners.

By robert682 May 19, 2006

This resort is old, but is being updated. I own a Hyatt Time Share elsewhere, but will not visit Hacienda Del Mar again. Hyatt has many nicer properties.

By melillo Apr 14, 2006

The pool area here is one of the nicest I've seen. Two-story water slide,lap swimming pool, long, very pretty lazy river. several smaller pools tucked in the folliage. Beach is a`decent size- this is on the Atlantic so the water can be choppy but not too rough. tubes for the lazy river are free but there are not nearly enough. bring your own blow up rings. several small kiddie pools also and a small play area.

There are plenty of chairs around the pool and beach. Palm trees on the beach provide extra shade if needed

Units are a little smaller than most,but nice and well furnished. Food on property is fair. Convenience store has a nice selection-not too over-priced.

Maid service once per week included - available daily for an extra fee. Four golf courses on property (trolley transportation provided)

Nearby are a large grocery, Wal-greens, and all the US fast food choices (although not so fast). you need a car to get there

Staff was friendly and tried to solve any issue promptly. Very nice place for children of all ages.

The Hyat Cerromar was next door and is now closed. If if re-opens as something -i think the propery will feel crowded.

Right now it shares facilities with the Hyatt Dorado down the road. Hyatt has just announced it will no longer run that property. I didnt see anything there worth the trip- the pool are is much nicer here.

By mariaeugeniette Jul 19, 2004

Excellent Recreational Facilities, including casino, several pools and jacuzzi, tennis, bicycles, minigolf, movie night. All villas have spectaculat ocean views, and you have access to the sister hotel "Hyatt Dorado Beach" which have a private beach that makes you feel in paradise.

By caspc Updated Mar 23, 2003

My husband and I own at this wonderful resort. We went with the kids ages 8 and 6 for President's week and we all had a blast. Everything you could ask for was right outside our sliding glass doors leading out to 1000 magnificent acres of property. What a terrific family resort!! Can't wait to go back for Easter break!!

By mfuentes Feb 9, 2003

PERFECT VACATION, RELAX, BEACH, NITE LIFE, CASINO, GOLF, GREAT FOOD, WHAT MORE CAN YOU ASK FOR.

By laraine8 Jan 16, 2003

Located about 45 minutes away from the San Juan airport, this is an exceptional property! The rooms are beautiful, comfortable and not lacking anything. The beach and pool areas are lovely and the staff is friendly and incredibly helpful.

For golfers, there are 4 spectacular courses; 2 are championship quality. The resort is connected by shuttle to the Hyatt Dorado and their beach is gorgeous. The restaurants at both the Cerromar and Dorado are good and there are several more good ones just a short drive away.