Disney's Beach Club Villas

Lake Buena Vista, Florida

Reviews of Disney's Beach Club Villas

Lake Buena Vista, Florida

4.4

Have you been to Disney's Beach Club Villas lately?

By stasiar Aug 19, 2012

Stayed here with my husband and 2 children (ages 3 and 8) in a 1 BR villa (Unit 274) from 8/10/12 - 8/17/12. The unit was very clean, had a full kitchen and a huge balcony overlooking the pond with turtles and ducks. The unit was the 2nd to last in the building so the walk to the main building was quite far. I exchanged my timeshare through RCI and were excited to be exchanging here. It was perfect for our family. The beds were very comfortable (even the sleep sofa). The best things about the resort is the pool which is great for kids. The sand bottom pool that has the big sand bank was great for my 3 yr old daugter and the slide was great for kids of all ages (even me and my husband). Location is key as it is just a short 5 minute walk to the back entrance of Epcot (no lines, no hassles). Also a short ferry ride to Hollywood studios. It is also a short walk to the boardwalk with shops and restaurants.

The only negatives I would say is that the marketplace at the hotel where you can grab food, snacks, and quick service meals was always busy and the service was quite slow. Very chaotic and not at all enjoyable particularly if you are on the dining plan as we were. Also, they do not provide tubes for the lazy river. You have to rent them ($3/hr or $10/day) I found this to be just down right petty.

We had a wonderful stay here and we would definitly return to this resort as I can't imagine a better resort in Disney.

By guest351 Updated Jul 25, 2011

Wanted to add that the service is outstanding, the theming is great and the newer market and food service is a wonderful place to grab a snack, a fresh sandwich, a quick breakfast, or to stock your refrigerator! Love this entire area.

By nancyk31 Jun 10, 2010

We stayed at this resort three times over the year, including last week, June, 2010. We always take the grandkids who love the pool and sandy beach. I don't think I would stay without the kids since it is a very kid oriented place. The movies on the beach are great, (unless it rains), as is everything else there. The pool is the best anywhere in the world or at any Disney resort! I think we would stay at Boardwalk if we did not have children with us and wanted to be around less children! We love the Epcot resort area!

By chriskre Feb 22, 2009

I'm a DVC member and this was my first visit to Beach Club Villas. Well I can't say enough about the friendliness and the cleanliness. The 2 bedroom we had showed a little wear but was impeccably clean. Unfortunately for me my reservationist screwed up my reservation and did not include the dining plan which I wanted. I was not able to get the staff to add it because they said that there was no one in member services after 5pm. I later found out after an email to member services that this is not the case and that the manager knew better. Had I known this I would have insisted. It was otherwise a nice experience. The Clam Bake buffet is great at Cape Mays. The pool looked awesome but it was so cold that I didn't get a chance to try it out but I'll return in the summer to check out the pool again. Overall I recommend this place.

By marylyn1 Updated Feb 4, 2009

This is one of the top resorts in the world. The location is right outside of Epcot on Disney Property. There is a wonderful lazy river pool that runs the length of the Beach Club property and into Disney's Yacht Club property. The rooms are not as large as the rooms at Disney's Old Key West Resort but they are nice, and clean, and will fit a family of four very well. This Resort is the hardest of all the Disney Vacation Club Resorts to get into.

By johanneh2 Sep 10, 2008

Stayed here December, 2007 for 5 nights. We had a 2 bedroom unit and it worked well for our party of 4 adults and 2 kids. Living area is a little small compared to Old Key West but pretty much par with the newer resorts. For a larger group we could have used more closet and drawer space, however.

Housekeeping was excellent and the unit was clean and well maintained. Location is wonderful as we just walked into Epcot's back door.

Best thing were the Christmas decorations. We took almost an entire day just to visit each resort and look at all the decorations. Amazing!

By michael1005 Apr 25, 2007

Great Resort. Wonderful location (5 minute walk to Epcot, close to Boardwalk), awesome pool! BTW the sofa beds have been replaced and are very comfortable now!

By aileen17 Mar 20, 2005

Stayed March 2005 in a studio. Rating should really be 4-1/2 stars because I wouldn't have anyone over the age of 7 sleep on a pull out couch. For the price Disney should figure out how to provide two real beds.

But if you have young children you can't get a better pool. The sand bottom childrens pool can't be beat. Perfect for my 2 and 4 year olds to dig and make sandcastles. My 4 year old loved the pirate ship water slide. But I'd only pay the price if playing in the sand by the water is important to you, otherwise Disney has less expensive places.

Location on the boardwalk could not be better only a boat ride to Epcot and MGM. The buffet dinner at Cape May Cafe was great.

By rncathlab Aug 26, 2003

Stayed at BCV in april 2003. It was absolutly beautiful. The amenites and pools are all shared with the Yacht and Beach club. Y and B club have the best pool in all disney. Stromalong Bay pool is magnificant....