Melia Vacation Club at Melia Cabo Real

San Jose del Cabo, Mexico

Reviews of Melia Vacation Club at Melia Cabo Real

San Jose del Cabo, Mexico

4.5

Have you been to Melia Vacation Club at Melia Cabo Real lately?

By denisew Updated Jan 3, 2013

We rent our 1bed 2 bath unit out all year. Contact us for more informationl We are currently staying at Melia Cabo Real. What a great place..Very private, large property with ongoing activities daily. Starting with yoga-stretch in the am to a main show (party) 7 nights per week. The resort also includes a Trent Jones golf course and a nice place to swim off the beach on the adjoining Hilton resort property. The only improvements could be to have a shuttle to and from the airport, they discontinued the service 3 months ago. Also, improve their wireless service, currently you are logged off during the days intermittently and their service at $10 per hour is a rip. I understand they are upgrading some of the rooms and the kitchen could use some help. Our room is a 1 bedroom with a very comfortable king size bed with a nice balcony and a living room/kitchen with its own balcony. The bathrooms are large and beautiful with plenty of room for 4 people..Two futons, one is the living area and one in the master bedroom and 2 televisions. Very spacious for the two of us. The management and service is impeccable. The resort is all-inclusive but not mandatory. We will definitely return next year.

By ginger122 Updated Apr 12, 2008

We stayed at the Melia for the first time in 2003 and again November 2005 and had a blast both times. During other trips to Cabo we have stayed in 3 other resorts and I have to say that the pool at the Melia is much more fun than the pools at either the Pueblo Bonito or the Hacienda. Happy hour at the swim up bar is wonderful and volleyball at 3pm with Carlos is so much fun, although I'm told he is no longer there....we love you Carlos...man of love.....

Because of our enjoyable stay in 2003, we purchased a timeshare at the Melia at the beginning of 2005. They are now remodeling some of the rooms and lobby and it will be even more attractive place to stay.

When we were there in Nov 2005, they added covered and uncovered cabanas to lay out by the pool, in addition to traditional deck chairs. Much more comfortable and convenient to lay out in the sun together or in the shade, holding hands or just talking.

The Melia is within walking distance from the Marina and all the shopping or staggering distance from Squid Roe after a night of partying.

The food was great and the bar at the hotel is a good place to meet the other guests.

I will be staying in my timeshare at the Melia again this year in November and intend to have my perfect wedding..... on the beach at sunset....with no shoes on....

I have talked with the staff at the Melia and they will be assisting me with some of the details...thanks so much. I look forward to going each year. Last year unfortunately I waited until 90 days ahead of my departure to make my reservations and they were full, I traded and went to Mazatlan instead.

By jeri14 Updated Mar 4, 2006

just returned from this resort on 2-18-06. Beautiful resort with great service! Optional all-inclusive.

CHECK-IN: We arrived at 1:30pm and check-in went very smoothly. We purchased 4 days of all- inclusive meals(minimum days required, if wanting all-inclusive). The cost of the all- inclusive was $90.00 per couple/per day, which was a bargain considering that is all drinks, non-motorized watersports and all meals. They had upgraded us to a 1 bedroom, nice surprise.

ACCOMODATIONS: The rooms need updating, but were very nice, good size and clean! each room has a chair with a settee, king size bed, TV, safe, tile floors and balcony with 2 chairs.

POOL: Great!!! It is not deep (maybe 4.5 feet) as with most Melia pools and you are able to walk around the entire pool. The pool seemed to be heated since it was a perfect temp whenever you went in.

BEACH: Beach has somewhat brown sand and if are used to the powdery soft sand of the carribbean, you may be disappointed. It is a walk to the beach..down the stairs near the towel cabana, than another 300 yds to the water. The water was very clean and clear, a little cold and not too rough as it is in a protected bay.

WEATHER: Chilly nights (68-72F), hot days (80- 87F)...perfect weather!!! No rain

SERVICE: Awesome service, they really bend over backwards to please you!! Very Friendly staff.

TRANSPORTATION: The resort has a free shuttle that goes into Los Cabos a couple times a day, make sure you register to go, it fills up quickly. We used the city bus to go ($1.00 each way) to Los Cabos and San Jose del Cabo several times with no problems. the bus comes every 10-15 minutes.

By garya Jan 29, 2006

Just returned from 2 weeks at the Melia Azul in Ixtapa (all inclusive) and must say that it was the first experience of all inclusive. It could not have been better. I would actually give it a 6 or seven star rating. The property is outstanding as well as all of the staff. The beach is great for swimming as well as the 6 pools on the property. The meals were better than we would have ever expected as well as the beverages served from any of the several service bars. We own at the Melia Cabo Real but found that the trade into Ixtapa was a great bonus for the Melia Vacation Club.

By patf9 Oct 1, 2005

We are owners of the two bedroom suite which had three bathrooms with all the luxury of what one would expect in a 5 crown resort. However, one very important feature which has yet to be mentioned in other reviews is the wonderful golf course associated with this resort.

It is a Trent Jones II design where one enjoy the best in golfing! This real name of this resort is the Melia Cabo Real Golf & Beach Resort.

By dsjohnh Aug 3, 2004

We are owners at Melia Cancun and traded for this the location is excellent and the food is great. The bus is $1.00 each way to San Jose or Los Cabos. They have a shuttle for free but you must register and are on their schedule. It fills up fast. The Outdoor Resteraunt is reservation only be sure to book as soon as you arrive. Help is extremely freindly and efficient. Any problems were corrected immediately. We had an accident where my wife walked into a cactus and had spines on both hands and knees the medical staff was very efficient never had to leave the hotel, they even brought back the medication.

By chistuc Jul 14, 2003

I am an owner at the resort so obviously I like it. What I like most about the resort is the real Mexican feel, something other resorts are missing. The architecture is unique and the resort grounds are beautiful. The pool is the largest in Baja and recently tiled. The view of the Sea of Cortez from the cliffs and the restaurant by the pool is quite enjoyable. The rooms are not as nice as the hotel side, but I've been told that they will be remodeling them. A one bedroom has 2 bathrooms, small kitchen, 2 balconies, room safe, and daily maid service. The staff is the best I have encountered at any resort, they make you feel like family. The resort has a shuttle bus to Cabo San Lucas which helps because taxis are extremely expensive. We usually take the local bus which costs one dollar. During the winter and spring you can watch the whales from the resort, but my favorite time is June. Most of my time at the resort is spent by or in the pool, I love the Melia pool. I look forward each year to my vacation at the Melia Cabo Real. Resort is a 5 Star (but right now the rooms are 4 stars) and the area is a 5 Star (though Cabo San Lucas is becoming to big and expensive)