Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa

Lake Buena Vista, Florida

Reviews of Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa

Lake Buena Vista, Florida

4.4

Have you been to Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa lately?

By stevena39 May 24, 2012

The grounds are perfect (it is Disney, after all!) The location could not be more central. The gym is way better than my home club. The proximity to parks and shuttle and boat service allows easy access without paying for parking! Why will I not give it 5 stars? No daily house keeping! What?? Come on, guys!

By chriskre Updated Dec 9, 2008

Just purchased my first Disney timeshare here and it is just picture perfect. All the conveniences of home right next to downtown Disney. The rooms are incredible, especially the 3 bedroom villa. Looking forward to many years of vacations at WDW. You won't be disappointed in this new resort.

12/9/2008 I've been in DVC now for a few years and have to disagree with the poster who said it is cheaper to rent than own. I find that averaging out all costs over 10 years it turns out to be about $10 a point or less to stay onsite which is about $80 to $110 a night. I manage to get 15 to 18 nights a year for my 150 points so I find DVC an excellent value if you can travel off season and want to stay onsite. That is almost 2 full weeks for an entry level DVC membership of 150 points which cost me about $13,500. Buy it on the resale market here at redweek or ebay and do even better. Now I am exploring the other resorts but Saratoga is great. I tried the spa on my last trip and enjoyed the massage and facial and the all day pampering. The prices are competitive to first class resorts and cruise ships. As a DVC member you get 10% off spa services here at Saratoga Springs and also at the Grand Floridian. The staff is great and love to say "Welcome Home". Nice touch Disney crew.

By johnv157 Oct 7, 2008

Location, Location, Location. We are a younger couple without kids so we loved the location. We were able to walk to downtown disney every night for dinner. It was only a 5-10 minute walk. The resort was very clean and the grounds were beautiful. We stayed at congress park and had a downtown disney and lake view from our patio. We will be staying at SSR every time we visit WDW.

By elishevad Jul 15, 2008

Great location - clean - rooms are a little smaller than OKW and we were not impressed with the "mattress" ( 1 inch of foam ) on the sleeper sofa but the pools were AWESOME - the fitness center was the size of my gym back home and the location was perfect!

By lindag284 Aug 10, 2007

Nice resort, very friendly people,

We took the children this summer and had a ball. We have stayed off Disneyworld a few times, then became a DVC member. We really like staying at the resort, rather than getting into the car and driving back to were we are staying. Staying at the resort you can go back to the room and rest. Staying of the resort you think twice about going back and resting

This time we bought the food plan saved money with that. Husband did not think we would, but he will not do it any other way now.

By jamesc324 Jun 16, 2007

We're SSR members and first time stayers so my rating might be little biased but I have to say, this is first rate resort. Grounds are beautiful and this resort is HUGE. We stayed in the Grandstand section and our 2 brm unit was in front of the quite pool, kids loved the kiddy section. Plenty of room for 2 families and everything was brand new so that was nice. Bus service is definitely convenient but slow at times. A bus service back from Epcot one night took over 30 mins :( But you can't beat the overall experience of a DVC resort. Cast members are great and most will bend over backwards to make sure your kids are having fun! That's what Disney experience is all about IMO.

By ken974 Updated May 11, 2007

Nice resort w/ beautiful grounds. Had trouble finding our building at first--front desk directions seemed EZ enough--except they led us to the wrong section. Bus service was slow at first--then improved. I found renting was preferable to a purchase here...have learned that more than a few owners have so many different type timeshares that cannot be used and rented at all times. More economical than a straight out purchase. Prefer some of the other DVC settings to this one--although units here are well thought out.