Hyatt Grand Aspen

Aspen, Colorado

Reviews of Hyatt Grand Aspen

Aspen, Colorado

4.9

Have you been to Hyatt Grand Aspen lately?

By ken1237 Updated Aug 30, 2015

Perhaps the best low-key property in all of Aspen. Rooms are spacious with every amenity you could imagine and the staff is without question the best anywhere. Twice daily housekeeping, lovely pool with two spas, exercise room with all new equipment and a nice outdoor fire-pit for guest use in the evenings. Ski/Bike rental shop in the building. I've been going here twice each year (August and January) since it opened about 9 years ago and the constant maintenance and upkeep makes the entire property seem brand new. Location couldn't be better adjacent to the skating rink and one short pedestrian only block from the gondola.

By phyl21 Dec 6, 2010

From the steam showers, to the heated pool deck, to the beautiful views we had of downtown Aspen, this resort is top notch in all aspects. Friendly and helpful staff, nice continental breakfast, enjoyable entertainment in the lounge and perfect location in Aspen. Our unit had wonderful little extras -- I felt like I was relaxing at a spa all week long. This would have to be our new favorite resort.

By josephf89 Oct 7, 2010

Wow! I don't ever want to go anywhere else. I've never seen such lux, and everything is just steps away.

By lawrence37 Nov 5, 2009

We stayed in Unit 3 the week of October 24, 2009. This is a three bedroom unit. The facility, the rooms, and staff were all fantastic. There is valet parking (which was included as part of my internal Hyatt exchange). There was ample staff to help us with our bags. The front desk was very friendly and helped me change a small portion of my reservation when I checked in. The property is next door to the St. Regis and is one block from the Aspen ski lift and one block from downtown shopping and dining. There is a great pool with a waterfall and two separate hot tubs. The pool deck is heated and includes a heated closet for robes which also has heated towels. Also included with the rooms are a light continental breakfast and a shuttle service to the Aspen airport, Snowmass, and to the downtown restaurants. Each unit receives daily maid service and turndown service with superb Enstroms chocolate toffee. There is a sales office on site, but we were not contacted. I stopped in to inquire about prices. I was provided the information that I requested and did not receive a sales pitch or any pressure. Jill is the sales manager and is a great resource for all kinds of information about Hyatt properties.

Unit 3 has a large one bedroom condo with a full kitchen, dining area, living room, bedroom, and bathroom. The other two bedrooms are studio suites that have separate locking entrances. The large condo portion of this unit (3B) is very nicely appointed and very well equipped. The kitchen has granite counter tops, complete set of pans, cookware, dishes, and appliances. The dishes include complete place settings for 8 with complete sets of wine glasses for white, red, and champagne. The appliances include: a four slice toaster, a blender, coffee/espresso maker, microwave oven, four burner gas stove, conventional/convection oven, full size refrigerator, and a wine refrigerator. The dining area has a great mountain view and seating for eight. The living room has a fire place, large couch, two big easy chairs, stereo, DVD player, a 40-inch Sony HD LCD TV and Comcast cable that includes a DVR. This unit has a wrap around deck with teak chairs and tables in three areas of the deck. The deck on this unit is about 40 feet from a large gas fire pit in the court yard. The view from the deck, the living room, and the dining room are the ski runs of Ajax Mountain. The bedroom has another 40-inch TV, a king size bed, a large chest of drawers, a closet, and a safe. The bathroom has a Jacuzzi tub, a steam shower, double sinks and heated terracotta tile with marble counters. The two studio suites each have a king size bed, an easy chair, a small table with two chairs, a fireplace, a 40-inch TV, a microwave, a small refrigerator, a patio with teak chairs and table, and a bathroom with heated tile floors, a large tub, and a separate shower.

We enjoyed our stay very much. The only thing we could come up with as a downside was that smoke detectors on the ceilings have a flashing green light, which was a subtle distraction as we dozed off after a great day of hiking, fishing, dining, shopping, and art gallery viewing.

By kazuyo1 Updated Feb 27, 2009

We stayed here in August of 2007. We had a studio. The furnishings, decor, ambiance, etc. are of the high end quality, especially, the bathroom is nice as you see in the photos in this page. The studio had a bar sink, microwave, wine fridge, but no stove. The flat TVs in the living and the bathroom. They offer breakfast every morning. You can eat out in the garden under the umbrella or indoor.

The summer in Aspen is very enjoyable. Grand Aspen has a location of your dream. You can walk to many restaurants, shops and galleries in town. We wanted to try the restaurant by Nobu, the famous (one of the mentors of the Iron Chef Morimoto), but we could not get a reservation. The good news was that I found out I could order take outs! It cost us a bit extra for the delivery, extra tips, but we had a gourmet dinner in our room, and it was just fabulous!

The majority of Hyatt Vacation Club properties are higher end properties. We are owners, so we get to stay at any of the properties within the points we own and availability, of course. I do know that Hyatt present the club properties with pride and the ambiance of luxurious feel. My kids DO comment, out of many other vacation properties we stayed, that Hyatt is one of the tops.

I do put my units for rental from time to time at a significant savings since there is no taxes added. The tax is about 15-18% extra added on to the room rates. My rates are much lower than the ones of the properties reservation system. Grand Aspen will rank high in your memory books whether it's a romance getaway or family vacation. Hope you can experience Grand Aspen.

By steve177 Updated Nov 12, 2007

This is a spectacular resort located at the base of Ajax Mt. only a short block from the gondola. It is next to the St. Regis and the quality is even better. We stayed for eight nights after Thanksgiving 2006 in a one bedroom suite that was over 1100 sq. ft. and had four flat screen TVs, including one in the kitchen and bathroom. There were two private balconies with wonderful mountain and city views, two fireplaces, hardwood floors, granite counter tops, a jacuzzi tub, steam shower, and all Viking appliances in the kitchen. The service was also top shelf and the resort has its own wine bar, outdoor firepit, heated outdoor pool, two hot tubs, ski shop, and skating rink. The resort provides free continental breakfast, high speed internet, shuttle service to Snowmass and other local ski areas, five daily newspapers, and twice daily maid service, including wonderful Enstrom toffee bars with the nightly bed turndown. A resort truly could not get any better than this. I have stayed at many 5 Star resorts but have never seen one nicer than the Hyatt Grand Aspen.