Reviews of Royal Kahana Maui by Outrigger

Lahaina, Hawaii

3.8

Have you been to Royal Kahana Maui by Outrigger lately?

By garyg109 Updated Mar 10, 2010

4 of us stayed in a one bedroom unit for 2 nights. My wife and I slept in the bedroom and the bed was very comfortable. My son and 3 year old grandson slept on the hide-a-bed couch and my son said it was terrible. Very, very small kitchen though well equipped. Small bathroom. Nice sized lanai. Free parking, though some of the spaces in the parking garage were very tight.

Nice views of the ocean. It looked like every unit would have a view of the ocean, though some would be better than others. Nice pool. Nice beach but the ocean was fairly active. Not for little children.

Front desk folks were not very friendly. Not unfriendly, but did not have the Aloha spirit that so many resorts folks have.

We might come here again if it was just me and my wife, mostly because it is hard to get a good ocean view for a decent price, which you can here.

By vicki265 Updated Nov 26, 2005

The Royal Kahana Resort is a true OCEANFRONT resort. You can actually hear the waves crashing from inside your condo. Each unit is very spacious and fully equiped with full kitchen, washer and dryer, microwave, and even air conditioning for those hot muggy days when the tradewinds stop blowing. The staff is very friendly and full of the "Aloha Spirit". During "Whale Season" guests can actually sit on their lanai and watch the whales play in the surf. Great location! Highly recommended!

We were married on the Royal Kahana lawn by the oceanfront on June 8th, 2005! It was awesome!!

Vicki