Dolphin's Cove Resort

Anaheim, California

By janetk27 Oct 22, 2014

starting complete resort renovations January 2015

5 to 10 minute drive to Disneyland

25 minute drive from Huntington Beach where there are fire rings for camp fires & great for kite flying & surfing/sand play/boogie board

Close to Costa Mesa Orange County Fairgrounds for great shopping deals

Monday & Friday breakfast in clubhouse

resort activities

exercise room

pool, hot tub

By richard2574 Apr 4, 2009

We own three time shares and have always enjoyed our stay a Dolphin's Cove the best. I have been impressed with the on-going renovations and the rooms and grounds are always well kept. Our stay has always been a pleasant one. The daily schedule is fun for all ages on the days you decide to hang out. The close proximity to Disneyland, Knotts' Berry Farm and other attractions is a real plus. It is however a long drive to the beach. RSB

By blaine35 Aug 13, 2008

Very family friendy. Close to Disneyland and lots of activities at the resort.

By williamc211 Jul 30, 2008

This place isn't that bad. It's clean and the staff is friendly, the pool area is nice. If you are looking for some over the top resort than this isn't it. The Dolphins cove was an apartment building that they converted into a "resort". They keep the grounds of the resort clean and well maintained. We stayed in a two bedroom with my Wife,4 Girls and I. We had lots of room, only bad thing about the room is that there is no central A/C. They have one window unit in the living room and ceiling fans in all the bedrooms. Lie I said before this is a nice place for the money.

By march17 Jun 9, 2008

We really like Dolphin's Cove. Nice place to come back to after a day in the park. We have stayed twice. We are not owners though, we get deals off ebay or here on redweek. The pool is nice and warm. The game room is great. They will watch your kids for free as long as you stay on the property and they are potty trained. I thought the staff was helpful and would try to fulfill your request but didn't go over the top to please me which is OK as the value of the place outweighs them trying to pamper me. You can take the shuttle which is pretty cheap. I suppose you could walk but it is a tad far...especially at the end of a long day. The bbq's are nice clean stainless ones that are not crowded. There is a minimart across the street and a dennys?? type restaurant next door. A great grocery store about a mile down the street. You can see the disneyland fireworks from the place too. So inall if you aren't expecting to be pampered at a 5 star luxury place, then you will like Dolphin's Cove. We plan to go back many more times.

By terileeg Apr 14, 2008

This is the second time me and my family have stayed at Dolphins Cove. We love it. I found the people at the desk to be extremely helpful and accommodating. It was really nice to be able to BBQ if we wanted, swim, play games, and we even did laundry half way through the week so we didn't have to pack as much. It was easy to get on the shuttle to Disneyland and the rooms were very roomy!

By dzibull Updated Mar 23, 2008

I think all staff should be replaced including manager. No matter when you call to ask a question or request anything, no one can help you. The Staff should realize if it was not for the Owners they would not have a job but they act like they are doing you a favor to wait on you.

By azdirtman Oct 15, 2007

The resort is ok, there is no washer and dryer in the units like it appears in the description of each unit, but there is only one laundry facility in building 300. Living room and 1 bedroom out of the 3 had a/c units, kitchen very small and no frying pans. The unit had a very musty smell.

By barbarah174 Jul 27, 2006

We love this resort. We stayed here with our small children and they loved the kid's activities.

The location is excellent due to it's close proximity to Disneyland. There is a shuttle that costs $3 for all day and kids are free if they are 10 or under. We would definately never drive to the park again if we can take the shuttle.

The Resort staff is very friendly and always helps out with reservations or restaurant information.

We will definately return again!

By bartm9 Jul 12, 2006

great for kids

By lailaa Updated Apr 2, 2006

mina house / lebanon

By ronniem2 Updated Jul 13, 2005

3 1/2 Stars Quality, 5 star service and experience - 2-9 July 2005. Resort is International Distinction, so it is not elaborate or fancy; nonetheless, facilities were clean, safe, staff was highly visible and professional. Accomodations were comfortable and comparable to a Radison hotel "quality". Units are converted apartments, but have been remodeled adequately. My family of 6 was comfortable in a 2 bedroom/1 bath - A/C is window unit but good enough. Nice Clubhouse, pool, children activities, and surrounding guests. 1.5 miles to DisneyLand too far to walk in my opinion. Walk 2 minutes to Denny's, 5 minutes to Carl's Jr or Del Taco and driving distance to many food options. Gated Community, Free On-Site Laundry, Full Kitchen w/Grabite tops, and High Speed Rental in Clubhouse. 3.5 miles to Angel's Stadium.

By rjv3620 Jun 10, 2005

Kids activities were excellent and the staff was too. This is a converted apartment building in a questionable area. The air conditioner is in one room out the window and the rooms are stuffy and small. One can barely turn around in the bathroom. I would not stay there again. I would rather get a hotel. Exchanger beware.

By leticia48 Mar 13, 2005

My husband and I have stayed here several times on just a "spur of the moment" type getaway. We have always had friendly service and clean rooms. Now that we have kids, we look forward to when they will be old enough to enjoy the activities. I'm suprised at the negative remarks given on this resort. All that I can say in defense of Dolphin's Cove is, everyone has good days and bad days and every hotel has had customers that were pleased and displeased.

By schneiderpc Updated Sep 13, 2004

Dolphin's cove is an older complex, however, it has an updated clubhouse in the center near the swimming pool. There are air conditioning units in the living rooms, however, there is no central cooling. The 2BR unit is sufficient for 6 people, however, the one we stayed in for two nights only had one bathroom. We moved into a 3BR unit later and found that the Master bedroom was huge. It did have a Bathroom in the master suite. There is one laundry room at Dolphins cove which is for everyone and you must pay 75 cents for washing and the same for drying. This was an inconvenience, since we spent most of our time at the parks and then had to stay up late to make sure the clothes were done and out of the laundry room.

One can walk to Disneyland from the unit but it takes about 25 minutes.

By jodie414 Aug 30, 2004

I stayed at this resort in August 2004 for a week. The rooms were clean and nice with a balcony and the normal amenities. However, when I checked in after a 3-day drive from the midwest, they did not have my reservation. I had my internet generated confirmation sheet with the conf. # printed on the sheet, otherwise I don't think I would have had a room. The desk clerk was not overly friendly and didn't seem to know his job well because he had to keep calling someone off the premises to ask what he should do. I was exhausted from the drive and had to wait at least 30 minutes for him to find out what to do and get me into a room. Finally, he told me they would put me in a room for the night and find out what the problem was the next day. He gave me 2 keys and me and my friends proceeded up the steps with a week's worth of luggage. Upon entering the room I went to the bathroom where I saw paper in the commode (it had not been used) so I flushed the toilet but the paper did not go down. I flushed several more times but it still did not go down. I called the front desk and reported the problem. He sent security to my room with a plunger and as he handed it to us he said he was security, not a plumber, and he left. A plunger would not fix the problem so we called the front desk and again reported the problem. Security came to the room again and actually looked at the toilet to understand that a plunger could not fix it. He then went back to the office and the office called up and told us he would put us in another room. Even more exhausted by this time (after 1:00am) We were told to meet security at another room around the corner from where we were. We lugged our belongings around the corner to the other room and waited in the outdoor hallway for security. It took about 10-15 minutes for him to appear with the keys. We then entered the room where we found all things in working order. Finally, we could relax. The remainder of the stay was very nice, until checkout day when I called to ask for one extra hour to check out. I was told that it was not the policy of the resort to extend check out time; period! I answered that it could not be policy since there was a paragraph in the brochure on that subject. The desk clerk still held to that statement. I then told her about the problems encountered upon check-in and she told me to speak with her manager. I spoke with the manager who still insisted that there was no policy of extending check out time. I proceeded to tell her about the check-in problems and she finally agreed to extend check-out for one hour which was all I asked for in the first place. None of the desk personnel were very friendly or competent but I enjoyed my stay except for check-in and check-out. I would stay at the resort again. One added item was that I called the resort from the highway to check on my reservation and was told if I had a confirmation number there was nothing to be concerned about. If the clerk had checked things out when I called, maybe the wait would not have been so long upon my arrival. Thanks for allowing me to voice my concerns.

J. Holland

By thomas862 Updated Aug 17, 2004

Stayed here 4/24-5/1/04

Would rate 3.5 stars if that were available. The unit was completely remodeled, and completely representative of Fairfield's picture in it's Fairshare Plus owner's book, right down to the same dining room place setting. Very clean units. Maint crews constantly working on exteriors without noise.

Good activity program, they tried hard at least. Love that wine and cheese social!

Close to Disneyland and Angel's Stadium, very close!

Short drive to a non-hectic John Wayne airport.

only drawback, I don't recommend the 1 bedroom unit, I would choose the 1 BR deluxe. The plain 1 BR unit's balcony opens up to an Alley complete with the garbage man a couple times a week, while the 1 BR deluxe for only 20,000 more Fairfield points has a garden view.

Staff were helpful and very friendly, would stay there again.

By lassie Updated May 5, 2004

Great activities for the kids, we all enjoyed the swimming pool, very close to Disney.

By becky76 Feb 24, 2004

Dolphin Cove is a great place to relax after a day at Disneyland. You can't beat the location and the pool is great too! The childrens activies are well planned and if you wanted to take a day off from all of the site seeing in the local area, this is the place to do it, very nice.

By colin9 Feb 16, 2004

I'll keep it short and simple:

Dolphin's Cove = A flop house reminisent of low income housing, Ghetto, Dump...

That about sums it up! I checked in, entered the room, took one look around and returned my key to the front desk. Motel 6 would have been acceptable....Dolphin's Cove most certainly was NOT! I found a room at The Annabella Hotel which was close by and very nice for about $50.00 a night.

By rgf5287 Jan 13, 2004

My family stayed here about three years ago. The resort units are converted garden apartments. I really can't say anything good about the place. If you decide to go you must lower your expectations or you will be sorry you went. Dirty units, no washer dryer in units, indifferent staff, activities a joke, security very lax, filthy pool, buffet by pool was terrible. We have stayed in about 7 or 8 different timeshares and this was the worst.

By kathykg Jan 6, 2004

We stayed here for two weeks in July 2003, and were very satisfied with our accommodations. While they were not luxurious, they were clean, had nice floor plans (our unit had two bathrooms), and a lovely patio. The grounds were beautifully maintained, and the staff very helpful. We would have enjoyed being closer to the water, but I can't fault the resort for being inland. For a family who wants to be close to Disney Dolphin's Cove is a fine option.

By ssspeak Dec 24, 2003

Come on guys! Why don't you mention that this resort is just a mile or so from Disneyland and right on the bus route - FANTASTIC LOCATION! My kids and grandkids stayed here for one week and we stayed with them for 2 days. They loved the resort - so kid friendly. It's family oriented and well set up for a Disneyland adventure. Maybe the units aren't ultra luxurious, but they're certainly clean, large, and more than adequate. The grounds are very pretty and full of flowers. If you are a young family and are looking for a Disneyland trip, then I say yes, of course, stay here. If you're an older couple and don't want to see kids all over the place every time you step outside, well, maybe you should look somewhere else. We are a family that loved our stay at Dolphin's Cove.

By triciajoel Dec 4, 2003

I have not yet stayed there but did visit a a couple of months ago. Though the exterior seemed a bit rustic the room I looked at (which was not a model) looked very clean and maintained. There is a huge activity room and they have activities planned all day for kids, even if you are just a stone's throw away from Disneyland.

Admittedly, the playground seemed miniscule but the rest of the grounds seemed to be enjoyed by the families that were staying there.

If you're looking for an all-inclusive, do- everything-for-me resort, this is not the resort for you. But if you're looking for affordable lodging close to amusement parks, or simply in Southern California, with decent amenities, I'd recommend it based on what I experienced while visiting.

Final Note: during my visit, I did not 'take a tour'. I already own a timeshare. I just wanted to see what the resort was like before I exchanged my week to stay there.

By cindik Updated Nov 23, 2003

Wake up people!!! No one knows what is going on there. The front desk gave us paper work with the wrong dates and the activities desk thought we were there on a Discovery Package. Which we were not. No central air or heat, no spa tubs no landscaping. The inside and outside needs plenty of help. We thought we were at a Motel 8. If you are reading this and you have not stayed here yet, DON'T.....

By kidofer Updated Oct 27, 2003

I stayed one night in October and it was great! The room was clean and fully stocked. The room we stayed in was at the back of the complex and very quiet.

The staff was courteous and helpful. The resort is close to Disneyland and California Adventure. I recommend you do not take your CAR instead take the resort shuttle. You buy tickets in the lobby at Dolphins Cove. It was $3 each for an all day pass. The shuttle starts 30 minutes before the park opens and 30 minutes after. The shuttle stop is on Harbor (walk out of Dolphin's Cove make a right on W. Orangewood then make another right on S. Harbor go 200 feet, after Denny's)

Very enjoyable!

By joannr Updated Jul 25, 2003

The property obviously is a fairly new acquisition of Fairfield. Despite numerous attempts to visit Fairfield's Ventura location, I settled for Dolphin's Cove. After reading reviews earlier in the year, I was definitely apprehensive about the booking.

I am happy to say that Dolphin's Cove is not as bad as I first believed based on the reviews listed. Perhaps that is because I visited after remodeling activities, I don't know.

The amenities are limited in my opinion with little for adults, but it's Disney so maybe that's what families expect when they come to Anaheim. The landscaping drastically improves the exterior of the buildings, although the eucalyptus trees nearly killed me (allergies).

Each time (3x) that I tried to use the resort's web access, they were "waiting for the repair person" or "the machine was full of cash so it wouldn't work until it was emptied by the contractor (I was using a card?????)" or "I'm not sure what's wrong but the repair person should be here sometime tonight."

The folks at the front desk that I spoke with were courteous and helpful and I did not notice any indifference from any of the staff.

The playyard is a joke - a slide and swings over a sadly covered sand pit with old and broken sand pails. Please - clean it up. I wouldn't let my grandchild get near that playground. It really needs to be cleaned up.

I had a few missing items from the room but nothing that was essential to me. I simply notified the front desk and they asked if I needed the items immediately. I did not and told them it really wasn't necessary to restock it while I was there but it was simply to notify them that the items were missing.

The room was clean, nicely furnished and roomy. I did have one ant crawl up my arm while I was sitting on the sofa and although it was a bit disconcerting, I did not notice any others inside the room. I did notice some ants outside the room but nothing to the extent mentioned by other posters earlier.

I didn't use the pool, hot tub, or gas grills located on the premises so I can't comment about them although it appeared that families were using the pool and enjoying it!

I wouldn't pick the resort again, but it has more to do with location than with the resort itself.

By cmblclan Jul 25, 2003

Maybe you need to look into the Peacock Suites. They are a wonderful place to stay and so friendly!

By jeanneguzman Jul 7, 2003

Every time I stay at Dolphin's cove there are broken and missing items from the room. One time the jacuzzi was not heated. This resort has the potential to be nice, but is not run very well.

By asonntag Jun 18, 2003

Dolphin's Cove makes up in amenities what it lacks in beauty (and they are working on that). We have owned at this resort for three years and enjoy returning each year. The people are wonderful to work with and make every effort to make every stay perfect.

By btseeley Jun 7, 2003

Our family has stayed here twice and have not experienced any problems. When we were there last they had just resurfaced the pool. It was just like new. There is a trolley that takes you right to the front gates of Disneyland that is right next to the resort. We did walk there also but with small children I wouldn't recomend it. Our unit was large with new furnishing. It appeared that it had just been remodeled. Continental breakfeast is included every morning poolside. It was nice to be so close to Disney so in the afternoon we could go back and relax at the pool while the Park was busy and then go back at night. We will stay here again. The resort has fun activities and you can't beat the location for Southern California. Tracey

By care May 12, 2003

After reading such negative reviews, you could not PAY me to stay here!

By tjklrace Updated Feb 25, 2003

They say they are within walking distance of Disneyland and they are NOT within walking distance! There were ants everywhere in our room! (They even leave ant spray in the room...if you stay there, spray every morning before leaving for the day and the ants won't get so bad!) Contacted the front desk and they were very rude!

Fairfield could make this a wonderful place due to the location and grounds, etc, but haven't!

New staff, carpeting, a thorough cleaning and some maintenance and they could make alot of money. No one on staff seems to care about the negative feedback!

By duanehord Feb 2, 2003

Our worst timeshare experience ever!

Fairfield has a great product in other markets, but in Anaheim, it's terrible.

Dolphin's Cove is run down, the pool area is mediocre at best (smells like mold at worst), the rooms/furniture are very worn, uncomfortable and needed a deep cleaning. There is NO private master bath. No in-room laundry facility.

The only redeeming value is that it's near Disneyland.

By interlaaken Nov 13, 2002

Big disappointment. The units were in disrepair and the grounds were not maintained. Some drawers in the kitchen were even nailed shut rather than repaired. The carpets were dirty and the furnishings were worn. The pool did not look clean and we did not use it. There were broken fixtures in the bathroom. We brought these to the attention of the staff and they seemed bored with the issues and not surprised. Although they took note of the problems, nothing was done during our stay. We do not recommend this unit.