Blue Ridge Village

Banner Elk, North Carolina

Reviews of Blue Ridge Village

Banner Elk, North Carolina

4.4

Have you been to Blue Ridge Village lately?

By cathyy9 Updated Dec 6, 2007

I can't believe the two negative reviews, especially the one by Charles in 2002, because we have been here every October since 1995, and even came once in July and once in September too and it has been wonderful each time! The staff have always been superb. We have always found the units to be VERY CLEAN and also VERY LARGE. Our unit sleeps 7 and we have more space here than we do at home. We have had four people (2 adults and 2 children) in our in room jacuzzi (with our swimsuits, like our own private pool). We have two TVS and a VCR and two kitchen tables in our unit 5B. Friends and family have all stayed here with us, and they loved it too! There's lots to do, especially if you like nature. Our unit is very quiet. Its not next to the main road, but when we have been outside, that wasn't noisy either. Even our teenagers think its great and they find plenty to do here.

By mummaredweek Sep 20, 2007

We stayed in a one bedroom November 2006. The two bedrooms are nicer, but we enjoyed the planned activities and the indoor pool. We really love Banner Elk with all the outdoor activities (even in November) and great restaurants. We ended up buying a week at the Highlands (which see).

By davew48 Mar 10, 2007

We always stay at timeshares when we travel and love all the extra space over a hotel room. Blue Ridge has nice sized units. I dont know if we have every seen a destination with so much to do. Take the hiking tours with the staff they take you off the beaten trail to some really cool spots where we swam and ate lunch on rocks with water rushing around us. The town of Banner Elk is great with great shops and restraunts. We went whitewater rafting, golfed, swam, Grandfather mountain all so cool. AWESOME week at Blue Ridge Village

By dneal1960 Jul 31, 2006

My family has stayed at Blue Ridge Village over 6 or 7 times in the past 8 years. We find it to be one of the best places that we stay. The staff was very friendly (especially Christie) and helpful and our unit - either a two or three bedroom - has always been in perfect condition. Don't let some of these negative comments keep you away from a wonderful vacation. We have even stayed at Chetola and the family still prefers Blue Ridge Village - I think that speaks for itself!

By jamesw35 Jul 10, 2005

My wife and I have owned our unit since 1991. I don't know why Richard shared so many negative thoughts without thinking first. Every year since 1991, we have really enjoyed our time and accomodations at Blue Ridge. Within 5 minutes you can be golfing at Sugar or dining in Banner Elk (Great seafood & steak). Within 30 minutes you can be on 5 other golf courses, dozens of restaurants, Grandfather Mountain, Tweetise Railroad, Blowing Rock, Boone, Seven Devils, etc., etc. The staff at Blue Ridge are always friendly & very helpful. Jackie exceeds the standards for resort management!!!

By richardr16 Jun 13, 2005

The unit stunk of cigarette smoke because of their voluntary no smoking policy. We wanted to sleep with the slider open to get some fresh mountain air but there is a very busy road in front of the resort and it sounds like a motel next to I-95. The staff was unfriendly (large girl) and security guard McCor*ick was very rude to my wife and her sister. We'll never stay there again!

By jack298 Jun 25, 2004

Superb mountain location; next to Grandfather Mountain. Ten to twenty-five minutes from Banner Elk, Linville George, Appalachian State University, Boone (try the ham bisquits at Daniel Boone Inn), Valle Crusis, Cone Mannor, Bass Lake, Blowing Rock and more. Shops, restaurants, playhouses, trails and incredible views. Large fully equipped condos; but it is easy to spend most of your time in the various small villages and attractions in the area.

By janet271 Mar 23, 2004

Condo was really nice and the staff was very helpful also.

By lumo Jul 21, 2003

My wife and I have been using Timeshares for about 10 years so I believe our evaluation will be meaningful. We just completed a week at the Blue Ridge Village and What awonderful time we had. It is a rustic environment, , fireplace etc. clean spacious, and very comfortable. The staff was very friendly and hellpful. Jackie the manager was very accomodating and Cristie was a delite to deal with. After reading the one review of the dissatlisfiled visitor I just had to add my comments. I rate this location as one I will return to without hesitation. We did have two TVs a VCR

By cpmock Jun 8, 2003

We have stayed at this resort three times. It is a very nice place and very convenient to everything. Boone is down the road. White water rafting in Tennessee is great. Fishing on site. We always had a wonderful time. Would recommend highly.

By stevenb Mar 17, 2003

Wow....I might be blowing my own horn but in all fairness I too am an owner. I have a unit in the new buildings and can only guess where the person whom gave this place such a low rating stayed. My unit has 2tvs, vcr, gas fireplace, the hot tub has worked everytime I've been there. It's a nice place if you like the out of doors and very warm and pleasant on the inside.

By gmills Mar 3, 2003

I am an owner and my unit has tv's in all bedrooms, VCR in living room and a fireplace. It is rustic but very peaceful. Jacuzzi in master bedroom also.

By charles Updated Oct 2, 2002

Rooms are a little small. TVs are small and not in each room. No VCR or DVD. No jacuzzi in MB. No fireplace. Never saw the health club. Zero activities provided by the resort. Parking is terrible. If you get a space, don't ever move your car. Long walk to all rooms espcially upstairs. No elevator. Staff help was slim to none. Nice indoor pool but the hot tub was broken and we never were able to use it the entire week. No cell phone service unless you drive down the mountain to the next town. It snowed the entire week and skiing is available down the road. They did keep the roads clear of ice and snow inside the resort and out. Nice quiet, rustic resort with a beautiful view.