Marriott's Lakeshore Reserve

Orlando, Florida

Reviews of Marriott's Lakeshore Reserve

Orlando, Florida

4.6

Have you been to Marriott's Lakeshore Reserve lately?

By christinek117 Nov 4, 2014

This is the nicest resort I've ever stayed at. We stay here multiple times a year on timeshare trades or rented weeks and we love it. I don't think there is a nicer resort out there.

By aileen57 Feb 17, 2013

Excellent timeshare. Staff could not be more helpful. Great "atmosphere" and particularly good to be able to walk to the amenities of J.W. Marriott and Ritz Carlton.

By jonathanb62 Updated Jan 15, 2013

We are MVC owners and have stayed at the LakeShore Reserve resort several times, most recently last Christmas, with our daughters, their spouses, and four grandchildren, in several Villas.

All the other reviews seem to discuss the benefits of being on the same campus as the J. W. Marriott and Ritz-Carlton resorts (a kind of vacation tri-fecta), so I won't mention it.

Nor will I mention the gorgeous golf course (and the cozy cafe at the golf clubhouse),

but I will mention the under-utilized tennis courts and ZIP-line rope adventure. There was no waiting while were there, but I guess that is not why most people go to Orlando.

Simply put, this place is beautiful, kept-immaculate, and very user friendly.

The facilities are conspicuously under-utilized (and, therefore, uncrowded), since they were designed for a much larger resort which has yet to be built. (This may change in 10 - 20 years.)

The staff is available, friendly, and responsive. It would be unfair to single anyone out, but Helen Salas and Lorraine Bryant were a pleasure to deal with.

For example, when my family decided to extend our stay (we had reserved only 7 nights), the Resort was able to extend us, but it was necessary to change Villas.

We left our packed bags in the Villa, and the staff removed them to the Lobby and later brought them to our new Villas. And as for all the refrigerated food items, the Resort took them and stored them for us in two refrigerators they maintain for the purpose and later brought them to our new Villas, without missing a beat (or a beet). Of course, you will never experience this level of service, unless you extend your stay too.

You will find LakeShore Reserve very convenient to SeaWorld and the other theme parks (you can even purchase tickets and get good advice from the helpful concierge located in the lobby), but there really is no reason to ever leave.

Staying here was like finding Shangrila.

* * * * *

By sherric70 Jun 18, 2012

This is the nicest timeshare we have visited to date. It is adjacent to the JW and Ritz so it was nice to have the option to use their facilities...however, I preferred to stay right at the Lakeshore Reserve. The pool is beautiful and my daughter loved the lazy river and slides.

On one day, the kids made tie-dye shirts with the staff while we had a snack at the bar. There are hourly activities to sign up for if desired every day. Next time we will take advantage of the parent's night out (now that my kids are old enough). The staff in general is extremely accommodating and friendly.

The room is gorgeous and has very high end touches - Kohler sinks/faucets, granite in the kitchen/bathrooms, etc....We've stayed twice now - once in a 2 bedroom lock-off villa and once in a 2 bedroom townhouse. Marriott has spoiled us - we are booking our 3rd trip here 3 years straight!

By teald Updated Jun 4, 2012

Pool area and outdoor bar are amazing. Great place to stay and I already want to go back!

By cindyv72 Mar 14, 2012

Marriott has the most beautiful resorts!!! Love the rooms, the kitchen, the bathroom, the pool. Need I say more? Plus it a JW next to Ritz Carlton.. It's a superb property. Can't wait to come back!!!

By davids819 Feb 14, 2012

This is a fantastic, upscale Marriott resort for people who want to enjoy Orlando, good weather, and relaxing around the resort. if you want to go to Disney every single day and fight the crowds, then pay up and stay at a Disney property. They cost a lot more money, but, they are way more convenient if you are only in town to go to Disney. The same is true of Universal Studios. On-property resorts usually offer discounts, free parking, and early entrance to beat the crowds.

This is one of the newest Marriott timeshare properties in the country and is built to a higher standard. The rooms, furnishings, and kitchens are all first class. Some ignorant people (see negative review below) do not understand the first thnig about timeshare travel. If you own a two bedroom unit, the resort is not going to give you a three bedroom unit even if it is sitting empty. If you own in Hawaii and paid for a mountain view, you have no right to upgrade to ocean front. And you are out of line to get pissed off because you do not get a free upgrade, yell at the staff like a savage beast, and bad mouth the resort.

Full disclosure, I DO NOT OWN AT LAKESHORE. I own at Grande Vista and Phoenix Canyon Villas. We stayed at Lakeshore on a rental when my wife found a great deal. No, we did not get in a snit when they refused to upgrade us to the Presidential Suite at the Riz Carlton. Some big movie star was staying there, so, we had to suffer in the brand new-upscale-2br/2ba unit with private balcony that we paid for.

By karenh656 Oct 3, 2011

We stayed here Thanksgiving 2010. It was perfect. We stayed in a 3 bdr/3 bath unit. We had 4 children and 4 adults. We really loved the property. The kids program was great! Our children were 10, 6, 5, and 3. We even got to have a night out, just adults for dinner. We loved having the option to go over to the JW Marriott and enjoy their lazy river and pools for a change of scenery. We didn't want to take the kids out for Thanksgiving so we ordered from Publix, believe it or not, it was delicious! The parks were not overcrowded. We went to Magic Kingdom, Epcot, and Universal. I wish we could go back this year but, we have a family commitment. We will do it again soon. The weather was so nice! Warm enough to swim but, not too hot either. The kids also loved the slide at Lakeshore and of course, the adults loved the awesome golf course! We highly recommend it!

By richardw501 May 2, 2011

Just returned from using our week at this resort after orginally thinking we would rent it to get the cash. Are we ever happy our unit didn't rent! Our visit to this newer resort was so fantastic, we will NEVER rent it. Our 2br/2ba villa was comfortable, well furnished with a beautiful view of the lake and golf course. Being next door to the JW Marriott and Ritz-Carlton was also a benefit as their facilities were available to us too. And, the Primo restaurant at the Marriott was one of the most memorable meals I have ever had.

Also, the staff was fantastic, including the front desk personnel and especially the concierge staff who were always available with great suggestions for activities. I would not hesitate to recommend this property to anyone who wants a more upscale, newer property in proximity to all greater Orlando has to offer. Rich W

By williamg284 Apr 24, 2011

My family stayed for one week during Feb 2011 Northeast Schools Recess as guests of an owner. Brand new property close to Seaworld and Universal. Shares amenities with JW Marriott and Ritz Carlton Golf Club next door. Pools, lazy river and waterslide were crystal clear and warm. Plenty of local dining options. Downtown Disney West Side only 10 minutes away. Marriott met or exceeded our expectiations in every way. This property is an upscale oasis in the middle of DisneyMania. I've said it before, and I'll say it again-You get what you pay for.

By bonniew11 Apr 10, 2011

We were very happy with staying at Lakeshore Reserve. This resort is not crowded like the other Orlando resorts. It was especially nice to be able to go into an uncrowded (virtually empty!) pool in the evening after returning from a day at the various parks. The resort is brand new and the furnishings show it.

I was surprised to read the negative review posted....I wonder how much this was based on the previous rater being upset at not being able to upgrade to a bigger room. I am surprised other resorts do this...it really isn't fair to others to book one way and then try to switch later (unless you had rented directly from Marriott to begin with).

We have stayed at numerous other resorts both Marriott and non-Marriott and the Marriott resorts always win hands down. Some of the other Orlando resorts may be slightly bigger but with our experience they are much more crowded and loud and the furnishings are nowhere near as nice. Marriott usually has lots of activities but Lakeshore may be a bit behind as it is so new.

I would highly recommend this resort...we wouldn't want to stay anywhere else when we travel to Orlando (which we do on a yearly basis)

By marylyn1 Updated Jan 8, 2011

I just got back from a wonderful stay at the Lakeshore Reserve. I am an owner there and I couldn't have been happier with my decision to buy here. I was placed in the two bedroom, two bath, deluxe apartment style villa.. It was tremendous. The rooms were so gorgeous and well decorated.

I loved their two separate apartment layout!!!. I had my space and my teenage kids had their own. We each had a kitchen, dining room, and full bath and a king bed. It was heaven!!

The staff was wonderful. They are used to treating people well. They are Marriott folks after all. I have stayed in many Marriott's, and I own a few myself, but this has got to be the nicest of all that I have stayed at.

When you go make sure to head over to the W for a nice day of sitting by their pool.. You will feel like royalty. What a fabulous place.. And all those restaurants. They are to die for.

But the The Reserve Timeshare resort has its own gorgeous pool. It has two great slides that my teenage girls loved.

Don't miss this place. It is awesome!!!!

By amberc55 Nov 22, 2010

I would not recommend it to a friend. Why? there are resorts with bigger and even nicer rooms, and far friendly front desk people. The others may not have the Marriott name, but maybe that causes them to work harder! It's not about the name, it is about the experience and how you are made to feel. Sorry to say, they get a FAIL.

We were 6 guests total, 2 teen boys, 1 pre-teen boy, 1 one teen girl as a guest, plus mom & dad. We own both an RCI and an II timeshare and we enjoy to trade out and stay at different resorts. This was an II exchange. This is the 5th different suite/condo style resort that we have stayed in (in Orlando) and am sad to report it ranks 4th on the list.

Activities were lame and the Resort is pretty far from WDW. It is an easy drive to Sea World, which we passed each day we visited WDW.

RESORT - and rooms are brand new . It is right near a busy road, and even though our room in the Messina building faced the pond/lagoon and not the road, we still heard the traffic noise loud and clear while sitting on the deck. Cannot imagine how loud it is on the road side.

POOL ~ Very nice, never crowded, is a lazy river SHAPE, but it is NOT a lazy river, the flow is WAY too slow. There are 2 hot tubs and 2 side-by-side slides that are fun for the first 5 or 6 times.

UNITS - We were in the smallest 2b/2b floor plan, and let me emphasize SMALL. Our 2b2b hotel room at Royal Park Suites was bigger. If you are used to hotel rooms, this will seem big, if you are used to resorts, this will be on the smaller size to you. They waste an insane amount of space on a Lock-off hall in a none-lock off unit.

SUPPLIES: 1 tiny bottle of shampoo several dishwasher soap packs dish soap TP PT 1 clothes detergent NO conditioner NO lotion

TIP ~ we finally tried those detergent & softener all in one sheets and where surprised that they did really well, plus you can bring home what you did not finish & save for your next trip.

KITCHEN/LIVING/DINING - Kitchen is an ok size, but the dinning & living room are in an area that was only as big as most of the other living rooms where we have stayed before. Floors are mostly carpet.

MASTER BEDROOM - Again the smallest I have ever had, I had to move a small chair from next to the bed so I could open the night stand drawer. There are way too few drawers. The bathroom is a fine size, but the closet is not very big, it is also right in the steamy bathroom. Do not care for this. The shower with the 2 shower heads is cool, but really, no jetted tub??? you got to be kidding me. That is one of the biggest treats with being on vacation, using the jetted tub after a long day at the parks. There is no tub in the Master at all. Not a smart plan. KING BED & PILLOWS ~ comfy.

BEDROOM #2 - 2 comfy queen size beds, but one of the beds was smashed against the drapes, so the kids had to take turns sleeping on the drape-side and room-to-walk sides of the bed. It is a queen size bed, but really only designed to fit one person since you can only enter from one side of the bed. Drawer space is a downright joke! Had to get extra hangers to hang up items that would normally go in draws. Room sleeps 4 but barely provided storage for 2.

STAFF - Facilities and pool staff great. Front desk, professional, snobby and rude. I called the resort at 8:45a to let them know we were in town, and asked if we could head over. Kristen said yes, she went on to say that we had gotten the beautiful poolside room that we had requested and that check in was at 4p but we could use the facilities until it was ready. NICE. When we arrived 15 minutes later the room mysteriously malfunctioned and was not going to be ready after all. I said no problem, we'll wait, we have shopping to do and we do not mind if we check in late (after 4pm) so we can keep the pool side room. Kristen then said a part had to be ordered in... okay, may we (buy) up to a larger unit? the answer "ABSOLUTELY NOT!!". You'd think I was a kid asking of I could pull the fire alarm at school. Well, I felt appropriately admonished! We were assigned our new room, but it was not ready yet so we hit Wal-Mart. I told my husband about the "ABSOLUTELY NOT!!" comment, so when we got back, he came in with me, attitudes of the staff where much better. They rushed to get our room ready early so we could put our melting ice cream away ~ that gets a big BRAVO & thank you! It is interesting what the presence of a man can do to the attitude of snobbish women (keeping my language nice here).

JW MARRIOTT POOL ~ Nicer pool, bigger & hotter hot tubs. Bigger, warmer and more interesting lazy river. Great staff. Since there were 6 of us and we bright a cooler of food and tubes, we drove over, parked behind the JW near the golf club, walked over the bridge right to the JW pool, it was perfect!

NOTE #1 - Soon after booking our vacation, and well before our arrival, we asked Lakeshore room's assignment, just as we had done with Lighthouse Key Resort, if we could "buy" up to a 3 BR, but were told that is..., and I am quoting here, "illegal". I was told this exact thing TWICE, so absolutely no error on my part! I am still waiting to be arrested for having bought-up to the 3 BR at Lighthouse Key Resort, but no police have shown up yet. (I asked II about this and they said not true, and suggested we wait until we arrive and ask then.)

NOTE #2 - As none owner guests began visiting, we all shared notes on the various stories we were told on why we did not get the rooms we were told we would, and other things we'd been promised. ADVICE to Marriott, we do talk, don't tell stories to non-owners, etc, just tell the truth, in contrast to the way you treat us we are not stupid. Plus you may end up making us want to become an owner when you share with us the perks of picking our rooms before non-owners!

NOTE #3 - We ran into an Owner of the resort while visiting one of the parks, she said that the place was hyped up to be this grand, elegant resort. I too was given this same hype by the sales staff the day I booked, but she like me, was very disappointed and underwhelmed.

Conclusion: We were very excited to be visiting a Marriott timeshare resort. In the end it turned out to be our least enjoyable vacation to Orlando. If you want to have a fantastic time and are looking for a 1b or 2b IMHO, Vacation Village at Parkway rooms, staff and activities are far nicer and even superior to Marriott's Lakeshore Reserve!