Sunset Royal

Cancun, Mexico

Reviews of Sunset Royal

Cancun, Mexico

4.5

Have you been to Sunset Royal lately?

By lynnf133 Mar 9, 2013

We were very impressed with the wonderful room, view, swimming pools, and especially the very friendly people. The service of the staff was exceptional and they set up a tour of the Mayan ruins for us. We loved the all-inclusive as the kids could get snacks anytime, even at the pool and room service, and we could try out all the different restaurants and shows without worrying about how much they cost. The van service between resorts allowed us to get around Cancun at no cost and was very convenient. We would highly recommend the Tres Rios Horse Show. We saw horse do things we never thought possible! We sent our son and daughter-in-law on their honeymoon to the resort and they loved it.

By marcom14 Updated Mar 10, 2013

we vacationed at the royal Sunset in may of 2010 an had a great time! I had never utilized my complete unit which sleeps 8, an it was a very beautiful Unit' much to large for just two people ;-) I had upgraded so wanted to know what it looked like! they were still doing the remodeling but gave us a remodeled unit an they did a fantastic job! we had a problem with the curtain being to short in our shower' water all over the room, an called to get it mopped up' the staff was very friendly an got right on it!! Once the new shower curtain was put up we were left extra towels that we put on the floor so no more probs! A few $dollars in tips goes a long way for these hard working employees!! The rooms are great! I purchased my membership in 1992 an have stayed all over cancun! just like to see whats out there, The new work out facilities" great beach" friendly staff an all the new improvements at the Royal Sunset" has made me a Happy an loyal member! I did not opt in for the all inclusive an can buy it by the day, I dont think it is a good deal to have to pay for all inclusive if your not going to be at your hotel everyday an they really only have 2 restuarants so it can get repetative! I prefer to explore an find new gems to eat out or buy food for the fully stocked kitchens in the room nothing like a fresh cup of coffee in the morning , something good to eat an being able to see hear an smell that beatifull ocean!!! The staff is very helpfull in offering suggestions to good places to visit! I am excited about all the new improvements an the beach has been expanded it is breath taking We luved it! I was asked if i wanted to sit in a time share sale offer to ocho rios but declined an was happy they didnt hound me to go! I can go on an on!!! All I can say is go check it out for your self an I am taking my Family an friends as guest! I know they were slacking for a while but I heard the ownership changed an it is definitly for the better! Thank you Royal Sunset for a wonderfull vacation! I allready paid my fee for 2011 so will see you all soon!!! P.s please up date your photos of the hotel so everybody can see the new an improved ROYAL SUNSET!!

By littlesmo Updated Mar 10, 2013

The beach is outstanding after the Wilma rebuilding and is larger than ever before. Same great staff and as always a great, great time stayed presidents week and week after.

Just stayed at this Hotel. Staff was the best, friendly, and charming. A lot of activities to choose from, or just lay in the sun and enjoy. Everybody went out of their way to make our vacation wonderful. Will come back soon!!!!!!!!Returned Jan 2005 and same staff and same great service. Must be doing someting right when they remember your name and face at check in. Outstanding vacation

By kim1401 Updated Mar 10, 2013

Resort situated nicely for beach access, proximity to some shopping, dining and airport. Resort was very clean and most staff go out of their way to accommodate and provide nice service. However there was some miscommunication with restaurant hours, reservations for dinner. The theater restaurant was poorly run with constant mix up regarding reservations and seating, followed by long waits for mediocre food. It appeared during the busy Christmas week, that Mexican guests were given preference to seating and accommodations over non-Mexican guests. Otherwise was very relaxing vacation...and found no pressure from timeshare sales people contrary to many reviews I had read.

The Y. Gs.

By yonge1 Updated Mar 10, 2013

Exceptional quality and great service! We thoroughly enjoyed our stay here at this resort and highly recommend it for families great for location as it is right in the downtown area where all the action is and easy walking distance to restaurants and shops and buses.

Very nice and we enjoy going back many times again!

By lisab64 Updated Mar 10, 2013

I just got back from an incredible week at Royal Sunset. The resort is simply beautiful and I stayed in a 2 bedroom suite which my husband and I were in one side and the kids the other. We had a hot tub in our room. Our membership entitled us to 6 massages which were heaven. We also had an option for golf and boating. The staff was wonderful. They spent so much time accomodating our every need. There is also an electronic safe in our room which definitely gave us peace of mind. I love it! Can't wait to go back.

By bruce646 Updated Mar 10, 2013

arrived on appril 5th assume resort!!ended up buying ! cant wait to go back!!!staff is the best!!

By gary703 Updated Mar 10, 2013

Excellent service and very friendly staff. Food was good and the rooms clean and well kept. Location was great - nice beach and only a short walk to clubs and shopping.

By cinmoon1 Updated Mar 10, 2013

Gorgeous resort... exceptional food , courteous staff, lots of activities poolside to ensure a great vacation...... Have gone back every year since 1997 honeymoon....

By jamiepol Updated Mar 10, 2013

I thought the resort was beautiful. I was well catered to. Lots to do in the resort and outside. The location is right on the beach and is just gorgeous! The resort is within walking distance of all the fun restaurants and clubs. Great place! Reading the other reviews, I didn't get the same feel for the crowds. Most people there were families. We went in June and it was a good time since all the kids weren't around from spring break. We had a good time overall.

By mikes Updated Mar 10, 2013

This place has dubious reputation due to many complaints to Mexican authoriies for high pressure sales and violation of its commitments. Nice building but overcrowded lobby, pool and limited beach facilities. Units are small and restaurant space limited. Resort management push their expensive all- inclusive plan, - not worth the fees. Overall 3 star rating is fair. Mike

By robertew Updated Mar 10, 2013

nice place but very loud and smokey lobby. very busy place and lots of people!