Aldea Thai

Playa del Carmen, Mexico

Reviews of Aldea Thai

Playa del Carmen, Mexico

2.6

Have you been to Aldea Thai lately?

By jimm1119 Updated Mar 22, 2016

This Place is Awesome!!

By rebeccas274 Jun 11, 2014

The owners of this company are possibly the most unethical business people in Mexico. There are many unhappy members of this resort. Here is what I know. In 2011 when the resort was being finished/refinished they were very actively selling memberships. When we said we were not interested in the main package they were pushing they offered us something else. It was supposed to be a limited membership of 12 weeks prepaid, no annual fee and included Gold Crown membership. We were told all kinds of things but none of it was true. Since then, they do not answer the phone most of the time, they do not have rooms, they want another $400 per week for a studio apartment and they moved their office to another city to avoid the angry clientele.

When I finally got Antonio Lopez on the phone he told me that it was too bad for me that their sales people defrauded me. Since they already had my money and my signature I was out of luck. Under no circumstances would anyone from this company meet with us: "That will not happen" he said repeatedly. When I explained the law to him, he said so what. We will just cancel your membership because you did not pay the extra $400. When I said I would take the matter to court in both the US and Mexico if need be, he threatened me.