Grand Timber Lodge

Timeshare reviews at Grand Timber Lodge

Breckenridge, Colorado

By patriciaz61 Oct 15, 2016
    By ronald118 Updated Aug 6, 2013

We have stayed for a ski week and for August weeks. This 5Star resort is great. Ski in/out a real plus.

Be careful in the summer - the condos have no A/C; however, given use of fans, open windows, and nasal strips, life is fine at 10,000 feet.

Great restaurant selections and City Market is close. Numerous winter/summer activities.

Dillon, Frisco, Vail, Avon, and Beaver Creek are nice day trips.

Summer living at its best. Well equipped and maintained. One of our favorite Colorado resorts.

By richardt339 Jun 9, 2013

We are owners of multiple units at this resort for a reason. It is a fantastic property with a great location near Beaver Run and has wonderful amenities including a full service spa, multiple indoor/outdoor pools and hot tubs a game room and restaurant. There is a full service rental company on premises with ski lockers for visitors. There is a movie rental kiosk on premises and wifi is available for use by visitors. There is a free shuttle bus and indoor heated parking for guests. Overall, this is a first class resort. We have never had a bad stay! We are a family of five with 3 small kids. A great family vacation awaits.

By jamesn139 Updated Apr 9, 2012

We are owners and our family of 4 (2 boys 11 and 8) LOVES GTL! We have never had a bad experience in all of the years that we have vacationed here. Those who are complaining must be people that are really hard to please :).

By nicolem205 Jan 30, 2012

We rented a 2/2 over Christmas week and could not have been more pleased. The owner we rented from was great. The resort is much nicer than you may think based on their website photos. It is comprable to a Hyatt Timeshare Resort. The kids had plenty to do with the arcade, pool, playscape and small sledding hill. Loved the heated garage! I would definitely go back.

By joel158 Sep 25, 2011

We stayed for a week in late August. We had a 2 bedroom unit, which allowed friends from Denver to come up and spend a few days with you. The unit was well decorated, but a bit dark (brown furniture, brown carpeting, and brown walls). We had a nice view of the mountains from our balcony. The kitchen in our unit was well equipped. Everything worked well. The beds were excellent but the pillows were foam rubber and I prefer feather pillows. The gym is small but it is well equipped and not too crowded. The pools looked nice but we did not use them. Nor did we use the on-site restaurant. All in all this is a fine resort. My only criticism is that it is a bit far from town (not really walking distance unless you are in terrific shape). Otherwise it was great. We plan to return next year.

By randyc109 Updated Jun 20, 2011

I love everything about grandtimber.

By jamesp308 Feb 28, 2010

We just returned from GTL after a week (2/20/2010-2/27/2010 and found the resort to be fantastic. Two adults and two boys (17 and 14) shared a 2 bedroom unit. There was plenty of room. The ski in/out was literally about a 2 minute stroll from the bottom of the elevator of the building we were in and can't be much more from any building on the property. We skied down to the Beaver Run chair each morning. The return was a little tricky but thanks to a friendly co-visitor we found the return trail (it's easiest if you take the "exit" trail at the sign that ONLY has GTL on it off Lower Sawmill) and it was easy and extremely convenient. You end up at the Lodge Pole Restaurant/Bar for apres ski where the staff was great, the food and beverages plenty, and the entertainment on Tues and Thurs very enjoyable. Breckenridge Resort has plenty for every level of skier. We arrived from NH and one of our boys unfortunately got very altitude sick. There is an MD (Dr.David Gray) who made a house call and was awesome at getting him back on his feet in a day or so. We would strongly recommend anyone to discuss with their Doctor at home about taking medication which can ease the transition to the high altitude. We were coming from about 75' above sea level in NH and there was an adjustment to be sure even for the other three of us. We stopped in Idaho Springs off Rt.70 on our way up for groceries. The grocery store in Breckenridge was fairly priced and could have done the trick. If we had any complaints at all it would be that on Sat night of our arrival the curfew on the outdoor hot tubs was not enforced and the noise was marginally acceptable at 11:00pm on one night and unacceptable at 2:00am on another occasion. If you want to get a huge break on lift tickets, sign up for the time share presentation. For $169 for the first person and $199 for each person after, you can get a 4 day ski pass which reduced our cost per day for lift tickets by nearly 50%. The tour and presentation was truly done in 90 minutes and the return on that investment in our time was significant. It allowed us to ski as much as we could handle (we added an additional day at the end) in that we may not have skied 5 straight days had we been paying full rate ($93/adult per day). The sales person (James) was fine at the beginning but then got a bit obnoxious at the end. Any sales person who acted the way he did when he didn't make a sale on us should consider going back to sales person class and study up on "manners". Parking was great under our unit and once there I wish we had used the shuttle more. The shuttle picked up our son's on two separate occasions when we wanted to stay downtown and they wanted to return to the condo. The shuttle was there in 5 minutes after we called. To say that you could walk to town is a bit of a stretch. It is quite a hill to climb after a long day of skiing but I suppose the ultra-fit would say it is easy. I don't think it would be and we didn't try it. But again, the shuttle is the best deal going. Call them, they come, and they are prompt, courteous, and careful. We never used the ski locker. We stored our skis in our car in the bottom of the building in the parking garage and would grab them in the morning and drop them in on the return in the afternoon. At lunch we left them in a rack at the ski in/out starting area. We had a humidifier in our unit and used it a LOT. The air was extremely dry and that helped some. We would return in a SECOND and found the entire experience to be superb. We are Eastern skiers so we are used to snow conditions and ice that are nowhere near as nice as what we found at Breck. The bowls, moguls, soft snow, new snow, lift operations, trail options, and staffing is first class and I can't imagine a nicer place to ski. JDP, Stratham NH

By mary2474 Aug 31, 2009

We are here now and the biggest gripe I have is the wi-fi service is only free in the main lodge. They have it available in your room for $5. a day or $20 per week. In today's day and age this is a huge draw back and I will not book here again. We are Marriott owners and will go there next time. The rest of the place is nice and the location is the reason we wanted to try something new. Also, we are in a studio and it's the poorest excuse for a studio; no thought to people who like to time share due to eating in vs. eating out all the time.

By lissettee2 Dec 29, 2008

WHAT A WONDERFUL RESORT!! My family and I just spend 1 week at Grand Timber Lodge in a 3/3 bath unit and we LOVED it!!! The unit was large and clean with a wonderful layout and bigger than most timeshares we have stayed in previously. The ski in/ski out access is ideal, all you have to do to get to peak 9 is ski down from Christiys Ski shop to beaver run lift or to get to peak 8 walk in front of the hotel, put on your skis and ski down to Snowflake lift. Talk about easy!!! But if you don't feel like it, wait for a few minutes for the shuttle and they will take you anywhere you want to go in a few minutes. Being from Florida, the shuttle was easily accessible and it was so nice not to have to drive around a rental car in the snow!!! This is truly a five star resort!! The resturant, pools, spas and common areas with a pool table, big screen tv and fireplace are a nice place to unwind. The underground heated parking was also a plus. We are definately going to return next year!! We loved it!

By brian1152 Apr 2, 2008

Stayed here last weekend for a spring ski trip. Everything was great. Unit was well maintained. Front desk staff and all the service personnel were friendly - everywhere we went, the staff said hello and asked if there was anything they could do for us. The pools, steam room, hot tubs, dry sauna and locker rooms were all in great shape. Nothing more exhilarating than an evening swim in a warm pool in the brisk mountain air!

I don't understand some of the comments that this is not a "true" ski in - ski out resort - these people do not know how to simply cross the street and ski out to the Snowflake lift, or ski in off Lower Sawmill. Just ask at the front desk and they will tell you where to ski in/ski out. Also there are TWO fitness rooms with equipment - perhaps some of the other writers did not know this.

Heated sidewalks, heated underground parking, bar and grill with happy hour to watch the NCAA games after skiing, free shuttle to anywhere in town, large comfortable one bedroom units - not sure what more anyone could want.

By davegeorge Mar 24, 2008

We stayed at the Grand Timber Lodge from March 7-14. This is a resort I am comfortable recommending to others. Pluses are 1)the convenience to the mountain (although as others have pointed out this is not a true "ski in/ski out") and town, 2) on-site amenities (nice hot tubs in Building 5, nice bar/restaurant, nice rec. room with pool table and big screen tv, heated parking garages, outdoor grills for anyone's use, etc.) and 3) room quality (I was in Building 8). Minuses are the inadequate amount of lockers for ski equipment and "service issues" such as periodic towel shortages in the pool/hot tub area, clutter left in the pool area and garage area, and unfriendliness of certain front desk personnel (not all like this though...some very helpful and friendly). Relatively speaking, the pluses far outweigh the minuses, hence my high rating. The minuses keep this from getting a 5 star rating.

By jeffs276 Updated Mar 21, 2008

After reading all the reviews and looking at the pictures, I really expected much better. We are here at the resort right now and have it from March 15-22, 2008. The 2 bedroom is large enough to comfortably home the 6 adults and 2 children this week. And the two fold out couches are very comfortable as far as fold out couches go. The room has been nice and the W/D has been well used. The room itself I would rate very high.

This is not really a true ski in ski out. It is close, but there is a short walk to the Beaver Run Lift (maybe 500 yards). You can, however, ski down to one part of the complex. We stayed in Building 4 which is probably the furtherest from the lifts. Building 5 & 2 I think would be the closest.

The work out center is WAY below what I would have expected. There was not even a treadmill there. The hot tubs/swimming pool at our building 4 were adequate, but certainly not at 5 Star level. The room has wallpaper torn from the wall and is equivalent to what you would find at a Holiday Inn or Comfort Inn. The hot tubs and swimming area at building 5 is much nicer. Being at the bottom of a snow covered mountain you would kind of expect to have a fireplace and comfortable chairs in a clubhouse room that looks out at the peaks. There is nothing close to that. There is a room in the building where you checkin that has a pool table, a large screen TV and some table/chairs. But it is not a warm inviting setting at all. Just kind of there.

The resort does offer free shuttle service to anywhere in town and with a call to them they come and pick you up usually within 15 minutes. However, if you finish dinner around 8-9 PM there are so many people calling for a pickup that it may take longer. One evening we had to call three times and each time was told to be patient and they would be there in 10-15 minutes. I would have preferred to have just been told the truth; that it would be 45 minutes. We would have then avoided standing outside that whole time waiting on the van.

And probably the most disappointing was the attitudes of the staff at the front desk. They have obviously NOT been trained in customer service and really lean more to the rude side. There is NO way that you get that kind of service at a 5 star resort.

There is no question we have enjoyed our stay here at GTL. But having read the previous reviews I expected 5 Star amenities and service. That is definitely not the case. Perhaps the service has declined recently since many of the fine reviews have not been given recently.

By deannaj4 Dec 8, 2007

Awesome resort!!! We have been owners for four years and split our week each year. My brother and his family travel with us each time and we absolutely love it! The staff is friendly and the property is exceptionally well maintained!!!

By karenr Updated Sep 7, 2007

Stayed here during July 2007. Totally enjoyed our stay and all the activities that Colorado provides - biking, hiking, rafting, golfing--you name it. No need to visit during the winter for skiing - tons of things to do during the summer.

The resort is top shelf. I am a Marriott owner and am spoiled. This is a great resort. People are friendly and truely want you to enjoy your vacation.

Our entire famility just loved it.

By rolandr14 Aug 31, 2007

Awesome pool, ski in/out, and free shuttle to town. What more do you want?

By douglwin Updated Jan 30, 2007

I was there Christmas week 2003 with my family. Great ski-in ski-out resort! Liked the place so much I bought 2 weeks.

By donald915 Updated Mar 14, 2006

I Love GTL the service is second to none, and the resort offers so much to do. Well maintained will go again.

By john6538 Nov 17, 2005

I've owned since 1999 when I lived in Colorado. We moved to the Carolinas in 2002 and have thought about selling ever since then. Every time we go back we change our mind again. It is well run and well maintained - the views from the new pool up to the top of Peak 10 are something to behold. A affordable 5-star resort if there ever was one!

By jeffb62 Updated Oct 20, 2005

GTL is awesome! I've owned there for four years, and am looking to buy more weeks. The staff is absolutely the best; they really care that you have the best time possible while there. GTL is always having seminars to inform you how to get the most out of your ownership. The ammenities are second to none. It is such a beautiful and well maintained property. Definitely one of the best vacation ownership values in Summit County! I always feel like I'm at home while I'm there.

By j388 May 30, 2005

After reading the reviews, I had to make a comment. First off these ARE the pictures of the resort. I have stayed in many different rooms in this resort, the pictures are genuine. I have owned here since 1999, the second building was just beginning its construction. This has not been rated the #1 resort for the last two years for nothing. It is a beautiful resort, emmaculately clean, very new, with excellent upkeep, so I'm curious where the one person stayed that gave it a 1 star. I have come up to this resort every year, for my week, bonus time and/or day use and have never experienced anything other than 5 star accommodations and 5 star hospitality.

Buying into this resort was the best time-share decision I have ever made. The trading power is the best you can get. I own other time-shares and vacation on all of them as much as time allows. And by far this is as nice as any 5- star, Gold-Crown, time-share I have stayed in.

Grand Timber is well worth your stay!! The activities are numerous, family friendly atmosphere, Breck is a great town to check out, the skiing is excellent and the summers are just as fun! My family and I are proud to own at GTL.

Happy Vacationing!!

By jim1710 Jan 8, 2005

Lodge has grown tremendously with addition of full service spa, second i/o pool and additional whirlpools. new ski shop and beter ski in ski out access.

By geoff70 Nov 26, 2004

The best resort in Breckenridge! Rated five stars by Interval International. Everything is there!

Ski-in and ski-out, beautiful lodge, indoor and outdoor pools and hot tubs, exercise room, pool table, large screen TV, restaurant, free shuttle van to local restaurants, churches, shopping.

The perfect getaway to the Colorado Rockies! Breckenridge is a very pretty Victorian village!

By jvincen Updated Oct 19, 2004

Fabulous place to visit! We were there in July 2004 and ended up buying. The construction will be finished soon but really wasn't a problem. Spacious rooms and the best hot tubs I've ever been in - they're outdoors and huge with nice landscaping. The onsite restaurant is also excellent and you can order take-out as well. The shuttle into town is also a plus since parking in town in horrible - use it when at all possible. Breckenridge has tons of things to do in summer and winter - can't wait to try my day use pass (comes with ownership) after a long day of skiing! (and yes, these pictures of the resort are correct but go to their website anyhow)

By rreisbick Updated Oct 15, 2003

Great resort. The staff is outstanding except for the pushy sales people who tried to get us to upgrade our ownership. The construction is a bit overwhelming and the dust is terrible. Can't wait for the resort to be completely finished. The studio with the additional bedroom is more room than we expected. We loved our time at Grand Timber Lodge and we are so glad we are an owner.

By laskowss Aug 27, 2003

Very poorly maintained resort. Shower was not able to be fixed for more than 24 hours. Lights didn't work.

By vjmvjm Jun 18, 2003

Top-notch resort. Quality materials, great staff. Walking distance to downtown. Enclosed parking.

By lancelance Jan 18, 2003

The occomadations are first class. As a matter of fact, the granite kitchens, marble baths, fireplace, balcony, and spa are only a plus. The real excitement is the type of people who are buying and staying here. Super nice, upscale in every way. Great for kids and parents. Easy easy ski out to beaver run.

By cybericana Dec 19, 2002

The Grand Timber Lodge is an Excellent Place. However, the pictures shown on this listing is not what the Grand Timber Lodge looks like. These pictures are of the another condo in Breckenridge. Check the official site.

By pskubish Oct 10, 2002

This place is the nicest, most luxurious mountain resort I have been too so far in Colorado. They have left nothing out. You don't even need a car to enjoy the town as they supply shuttle service. If you do drive, the parking is underground and heated, so no scraping windows. It is a ski-in, ski-ou, so your skis store and lock outside your building and a short run takes you to a lift right there. Full amenities.