Tropic Shores Resort

Daytona Beach Shores, Florida

Timeshare reviews at Tropic Shores Resort

Daytona Beach Shores, Florida

By john11775 Dec 18, 2010

Place very clean, the mattress on the bed was very hard. Staff friendly. Right on the beach. There was construction going on so the aesthetics were suffering but the time we went it was the off season, so it is the time to do it.

By joycew43 Updated Nov 22, 2009

This is my home resort and I have traveled here the past two years for Biketoberfest. My family and I spend the first few days relaxing and enjoying the pool and beach. We travel with 4 adults in 2006 and 5 adults in 2007 and we stayed in a one bedroom and was very pleased with everything. The staff is great and very friendly. Everything was clean and very maintained with upgrades to the interior and exterior of the resort. The end of the week we spend riding our bike to the Harley shops and exhibits in the area. We have exchanged our week for a family vacation to Disney this October and I can't wait until 2009 to go back to Daytona. Very, very well pleased with everything.

My husband and I returned to Tropic Shores for biketoberfest in October of 2009. Everything was wonderful. I do agree with the last review from fairwynd, the front desk personnel that I dealt with during the day wasn't as friendly as the past visits I have vacationed here. In the afternoons and night shift they were alot more friendlier. Over all, this is still the #1 resort in my book. If you are looking for a quiet, family oriented resort, this is the one.

By fairwynd Nov 7, 2009

The resort is located right on the beach. The help are friendly though the front desk people could be a bit more outgoing. Our unit was very clean and well organized. It has a family oriented atmosphere. All units face the ocean and the pool is well maintained. We were pleased with our stay there in November and recommend TS highly. Drop me an email if you have questions.

By sandlee Updated Aug 15, 2008

very nice resort..nice warm pool.views from balcony are great

By melillo Apr 1, 2008

The staff is very friendly and helpful. The units are small but nicely equipped. MBR is small w/ Queen bed. Has small wraparound balconchy for nice views from both sides. Beach is right outside the door. Cars are allowed on this stretch so slow moving traffic comes by when the tide is low. A little odd if you havent experienced it before

guest laundry available downstairs. Unlimited use of beach chairs, umbrellas, boogie boards, bike for $21 per week. all were readily available.

Conveninent. Publix and walgreens are 1 block.

By tom1969 Updated Aug 17, 2006

This resort is rated Gold Crown, and it definetelly deserves this rating. This is the best place to stay in Daytona. Every unit is ocean front with a private balcony. The staff will do anything they need to make your stay perfect. The 2 bed rooms have 2 private balconies, one ocean front off of the den, and the other with a view of the ocean and the intercoastal waterway accessed from the master bed room. The amenities include a game room with pool tables, bicycles, beach chairs, beach umbrellas, boogie boards, saunas, hot tub, pool, everything you could want. Tropic Shores has lots of daily activities if you choose to participate. This is the perfect place, not too big, not crowded, right on the ocean. It is the best place I have stayed in Daytona, and one of the top 2 RCI resorts I have ever stayed in.

By kimberly710 Updated Aug 2, 2005

It is located directly on the beach and all of the units have a balcony that faces the ocean. We stayed in a 1BR condo, which was roomy enough for two adults and two small children. Tropic Shores is located directly on the beach and every unit has a beautiful view of the ocean. Sitting on the balcony in the early mornings, or late evenings is so therapeutic. Listening to the sounds of the waves were so soothing after a hot day at the beach. It amazes me to see cars driving on the beach during the day, and at night during high tide the mighty Atlantic is knocking on the resort's wall.

The master bedroom has a queen size bed and TV. By the way, this is the only room with carpet. The rest of the unit is tiled. The living room area also has a TV and a queen sleeper sofa that did sleep comfortably. The kitchen was well equipped with the basic supplies.

They had activities planned throughout the week like tote bag painting; karaoke, games, and a gambling boat trip that had a luxury bus pick you up right at the resort and drop you back off.

By murtonsm Jun 20, 2005

We have stayed here on two occations. We love the staff and compare all other resorts to this one. This is an older resort but well maintained. Our favorite spot on the beach.

By paul476 Updated Mar 11, 2005

This place is the best value in Daytona.

Just the right size for vacation and staffing attention for guest.

Everthing is there without ovrcrouding, I will be back next year for Bike week.

By john2603 Updated Dec 9, 2004

I just got back from one week and service was excellent.

I have rented at other places and Tropic shores is better than a resort at Kissimmee, Williamsburg, Pacific Beach N.C..

Great Vacation

By bailguy Jan 23, 2003

Location is great - ALL units face the Atlantic. The units are well-maintained. the only down- side for me was that the kitchen could have been better equipped, but had basics of dishes/glassware/cookware. (I'm finding this more and more in resorts, I guess they think we don't like to cook on vacation)