Wave Crest

Del Mar, California

Reviews of Wave Crest

Del Mar, California

4.4

Have you been to Wave Crest lately?

By etanneh Updated Mar 8, 2015

Wave Crest is a beautiful resort in a magnificent setting. The big draw is of course the Pacific Ocean and the proximity to the beach. The pool and spa area overlook the Pacific Ocean. A lovely grassy park area is adjacent to the resort with paved walkways that parallel the beach area. Some of the units have lovely ocean views and these are my favorites, but the others are also pleasant and when the weather is beautiful we are out of doors enjoying the beautiful beach.

Of note, the pull out couch bed in the units we have been in were very old and not a viable option for sleeping. That being said, we usually drag along a blow up bed that is as high as a normal bed and with some rearranging of furniture have had a guest join us and be able to sleep comfortably. The 1 bed studios I have stayed in and have peeked into looked fine. I have never stayed in a studio with a murphy bed. I did look at one and it would not be my choice, but still the location is so perfect.....

Many wonderful restaurants are within walking distance. The Del Mar Fair Grounds are minutes away and of course all of San Diego is about a half hour run. Don't miss the Del Mar Candle factory.

Although this is not like the luxury resorts found in Mexico, it is my absolute favorite.

By rick360 Dec 6, 2014

I stayed Sept 12-19th in one of the studios. It is very clean and although not the most "modern" decor, it is nice and in good very clean condition. It was one of the hottest weeks in San Diego area and there is no A/C here. They do provide a box fan and since none of the stores inland had a fan to be bought, I figured it out and did just fine by coordinating when and which blinds were open, fan placement and such. An afternoon nap would not have been possible, but the rest of the time was very doable. I will definitely stay again. You cannot beat the location and the grounds are beautiful... Parking lot is a little tricky.

By littlekaroo Aug 11, 2011

This is my favorite RCI/ II beach resort in North America and Europe.

Best body-surfing waves in the world.

Best horse-racing track in the US.

By mokita Updated Mar 28, 2011

We just had a relaxing 7 nights at one of the best kept secrets in Southern California. After reading one of the reviews online, I wasn't sure what to expect but when we arrived in the pouring rain we were pleasantly surprised. Our Studio was spacious enough for two with a full kitchen and sleeping on the Murphy Bed was actually comfortable. We were surrounded by lush ferns, palm trees, and tropical flowers. Renovation was taking place and we learned that the Home Owners Association takes meticulous care of every aspect of the property.

We walked on the beach and watched pelicans soar down to catch their prey. After that, we walked around the shops at Del Mar Plaza and bought some groceries at Harvest Market. Strolling along Camino del Mar. we discovered quaint cafes that we would never have found driving by. As locals who live 20 minutes away, we thoroughly enjoyed our "stay-cation" at the Wave Crest and would return to this one-of-a-kind resort anytime!

By kathy2097 Jun 27, 2009

Best location ever. We have stayed in many timeshare resorts and this is the best kept, managed and beautiful we have ever stayed at. The landscaping makes you feel like you are on a tropical isle. The studio was very comfortable and very very clean. The staff are family. We will be back.

By cynthia518 Oct 10, 2007

Wonderful location on the bluff in Del Mar. Short walk to town where shops and restaurants abound. The DelMar fair is fun in June, and the beach is beautiful all year long.

By paulb238 Aug 18, 2007

Just stayed in a studio at this resort over the week of August 10 - 17. It was beautiful! The resort was very clean and well kept. The staff was helpful and friendly. The location could not have been better. The Sea Grove Park was right next to the resort. Beach access was a 5 minute walk from the resort. Parking was no problem. I will be returning soon!

By vitaman May 25, 2004

This place is a steal. Go north thru the park to a public beach with several restaurants overlooking the ocean. Go south and there's beach with cliffs, much like Oregon, and just a few people. I've never found a good shell on a beach 'til my visit and now I have a jar full. The facilities are top-notch. Being in a jacuzzi and looking at the ocean is a real feeling of luxury. Never had a better beach experience, not even in Hawaii.

By rayule Jul 22, 2003

If you need to relax, Wavcrest is the place for you.

This resort is in the heart of the unique seaside town of Del Mar. The unit is less than 100 yards from the beach and next to a park where the unique setting attracts seaside weddings just about every weekend in the summer.

It is also 10 minutes from the famous Del Mar Race Track.

It is never too crowded with only 32 units surounding a simming pool with full ocean white water view with spectacular Pacific sunsets .........