Wyndham Resort at Fairfield Glade

Fairfield Glade, Tennessee

Reviews of Wyndham Resort at Fairfield Glade

Fairfield Glade, Tennessee

4.2

Have you been to Wyndham Resort at Fairfield Glade lately?

By lisa907 Updated Nov 14, 2011

This is a wonderful resort, especially great for family gatherings. We had Thanksgiving with my husband's family in a 4-bedroom unit. The kitchen was incredibly well stocked. The unit had a nice fireplace and several large televisions. One bedroom had a whirlpool tub, which was very nice. It is very quiet and peaceful, but yet there's lots to do. We are returning this Thanksgiving. Like another reviewer, the only reason I did not rate it 5 stars is the pool location.

By anitaf22 Updated May 2, 2009

4 star. We stayed December 08 for some shopping in Gatlinburg area. There were some great malls on the way we should have spent our time at. We stayed in a 4 bedroom unit that was fabulous. The only reason I would rate it a 4 is the pools were not conveniently located.

By jimc170 Jul 7, 2008

My buddy and I just returned from our golfing trip to Fairfield Glade. We stayed in the Wellington Condos, and thought that they were very nice. The kitchen is kind of small, but we only really went in there to get a beer! The golf courses were very nice and extremely reasonable. Stonehedge and Dorcester were our favorites. Our favorite restaurants in Crossville were Hacyon Days and Cancun Mexican - highly recommend both of these! One thing to note: This is a dry county, you can only buy beer in the store, so bring your alcohol with you! The resort is on Central time, but if you plan to go check out Knoxville, note that they are on Eastern time!!

By chris460 Sep 4, 2007

We stayed and played in our 2 bed unit in May 2007 and had a great time. 5 golf courses on site and very reasonable at $30 per round except Stonehenge which was $50. If you are looking for anything other than golf however you have come to the wrong spot. The place is dead but it was masters week so when we weren't golfing or playing poker or watching the hockey playoffs.... you get the picture.

By kimberly710 Aug 2, 2005

It was so relaxing and peaceful. I needed this tranquil time, because I was six months pregnant and I wanted to be in an area that was not a huge tourist spot. After our daily excursions the super king size bed was like heaven. My daughter and I would get into the jacuzzi tub, which is located in a separate room by itself. I thought that was pretty cool.

When you get hungry there are plenty of places to get something to eat, but my favorite was "The Sassafras". You have got to try the Hot Roast Beef on Texas Toast with mashed potatoes and gravy. I've never had one like it! You could eat off of it for two settings.

The resort also has nice golf courses, but since I don't play that's all I can say about them. We took a swim in the indoor pool at the check- in building and that was fun. There is a kiddie pool area, but it's not too impressive. Fairfield Glade is a retirement community, so when they would see my daughter and I they were even more nice to us. They don't get many small children. The villas sit back off the roads and are in well shaded areas. There are activities such as horseback riding (but I could never catch up with anyone to rent a horse), miniature golf, tennis, cycling, exercise room, and scheduled bus tours to just about anything you would want to do, such as gambling, shows, nature trails, sightseeing, and shopping.

By dennis.king Updated Mar 14, 2005

This resort is great. It is so peaceable and tranquil that you really get to rest. That is unless you want to slip down to the lake and fish and ski. Or drive over to Nahville or Pigion Forge, both are a reasonable drive a way.

By jay62 Jul 5, 2004

We just returned from Fairfield Glade and just loved it! The Wellington condo was very clean and quite nice. although one of the smallest two bedroom units we've been in. Also, in this section of the resort, the units are first floor or second floor, so you're either above or below someone - we tried to be quite knowing this, but our kids drove those below us crazy, we're sure! Lots to do at the resort - we loved the lakes, pools, and scenic grounds. The scheduled activites were numerous and our week flew by. We're looking forward to returning again!

By billyd Jun 19, 2004

GREAT GOLF, PEACEFUL SETTING

By maandpaham May 23, 2004

In the first 2 days, our electrical outlets didn't work, our toilet handle broke, closet doors came off and the mattresses were terrible. To have twin beds in a guest room for two elderly people was ridiculous. Also, the stair situation was bad for someone who couldn't handle stairs well. You entered the unit, had about 10 stairs to go up for kitchen, dining room and living room. At the entrance, you went down about 10 steps to go to the master bedroom. You can imagine how many stairs going up just to the main floor. We had a large cockroach crawl across our dining room wall. Sitting down on the stairs waiting for maintenance to finish with the outlets, I noticed the stairs had cobwebs and spiders. I would not stay at this resort again. I was disappointed as I have had fabulous Fairfield units. They are building new units. We asked a rep if we could go in and look with her. She said no we had to have an appointment to go through. Not right. Area is beautiful but resort needs upgrading badly.

By grampacape Updated Aug 30, 2003

If you have some golfing buddies,and you want a place to go , look no further. This is the place .Five courses at the resort alone all a blast and the cost in August of 2003 was $29.00 with a cart. Stonhenge the #1 resort and public course in Tenn. Was only $59/with cart a great buy. Oh and if you must bring the wife and kids there is plenty for them to do too.

By bairz Jun 18, 2003

As golfers we LOVED this resort. They have 5 of the prettiest courses we have ever played anywhere. The Laurel Ridge unit we were in was spacious, comfortable, and attractive. We loved the big jacuzzi room. The beds could be a little better quality, but other than that, it was a very wonderful place!

By ddkeeb Jan 4, 2003

This was our first time share. We went every year for ten years. The kids were little but they have a full summer program that keeps them from 8-5 if you want to play golf - and the golf is great - even my husband the 4 handicap golf snob likes all the courses except 1 - too narrow and short for him but very senic as are the other 3. Nice and reasonable restaurants on site. During your timeshare week you are a member of the local country club. We not only had dinner there but attended a poolside luau and a dinner theater performance.

While you are somewhat in the middle of nowhere, there are a large number of restaurants within 5 miles, a movie theater, and a really good community theater in a nice facility. About an hour away is a state park.

By tryg Updated Dec 17, 2002

IF YOU LIKE GOLF YOU WILL LOVE THIS PLACE.