Silverleaf's Villages

Flint, Texas

Timeshare reviews at Silverleaf's Villages

Flint, Texas

By chistuc Updated Dec 24, 2004

We traveled to Silverleaf's Villages during Easter week of 2003. The unit we stayed in was nice and well equipped. The major pool was being renovated which resulted in a crowded small pool, not smart to repair pool on Easter break. The resort rates average, I definitely wouldn't buy one, but the surrounding area was fabulous. We had a wonderful time exploring the backroads. It is beautiful there during Easter and Tyler is a dynamite town. Make sure you try the Texas Roadhouse, we ate there 3 times. Resort 3 stars, surrounding area 5 stars.

By leslie209 May 7, 2004

This is a great "country" place to visit. our stay was in one of the older units but still nice and had what we needed. It is a nice relaxing place with easy access to Tyler for some sightseeing or shopping. Workout room is nice and very cool to have a mini movie theater!

By sen Updated Oct 29, 2002

The resort is good if you get a "new" room. (This picture is of one of the "Presidential" rooms.) The "Presidential" rooms are great. The old rooms are nasty and beat up. There are holes in the walls. Things are broken. I was appalled. I immediately called RCI to change rooms.

The grounds are great. The swimming pools were clear and lots of fun. The marina was "rustic" and not really a place to hang- out. It was sort of an eyesore. I understand that it will be undergoing renovations. We caught some fish and saw an incredible sunset.

Silverleaf offers "Vacation Escapes" where the owners can use the resort free any available time during their color (red, white, or blue). This creates a horrendous crowd during the weekend which almost completely vanishes Sunday. The owners don't seem to realize that they "own" the property and many things are broken or very used. Especially in the older parts of the resort.

We had a great time. Tyler was lots of fun. The rose garden is beautiful. The town has everything you need- not opera or Broadway, but everything is up to date as in any other city... all the fast food chains, a great mall, great antique shops. I was suprised. I thought we were going to some hoboky little town in east Texas. It was fun.