What Do I Do?? HELP

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: What Do I Do?? HELP (by R Argh R.):

Ah, I see. So you get your points in week 1, can't reserve a unit until you get the points, and have to use the points within a year? No rollover between years? I can see how that would make a big difference in year-ahead reservations! As you can probably tell, I'm not too experienced at this. :-)

It seems to me that the agreement you signed would specify whether they were to provide you a deeded week in the same week as the timeshare you converted. If it doesn't specify, and says merely that you'll receive use of an annual allotment of points. If it does say you'll get the same week, then you should seek remedy, at least to the extent of asking them if they'll change it. If they won't, then you're left with deciding whether it's worth the time and money to hire an attorney, and potentially file a lawsuit.

As a general suggestion, I'd send certified letters to them to try to straighten it out. They're under no legal obligation to answer their phone or return calls, and written correspondence can be used as legal evidence. When they initially said "no problem," it's unclear whether they meant "no problem we'll correct the deeded week," or "no problem you can still try using the points" (not understanding or caring that it is, in fact, a problem.) While they probably elaborated in person, that sort of response is the sort of thing that's useful to have in writing.