Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Buying Marriott Vacation Club (by Lance C.):

jeremyc173 wrote:
We just did a preview and bought MVC points. I'm having second thoughts seeing messages in redweek. Somethings I have questions about are..... I am debating about rescinding (within 10 days), but is there unrecoverable fees? Also, I'm debating about buying Marriott resale via redweek and understand there is ROFR and $3/point additional fee.

First things first. The fact that you are "having second thoughts" and that there are some things about which you have questions are firm indicators that you should rescind. Follow the rescission instructions that were given to you in your owner's package. It will tell you where to send the letter and do so likely by certified mail with a receipt requested. There should be no "unrecoverable fees". They are required to refund you every penny that you paid down.

As for "debating about buying Marriott resale", it's best to do a lot of research about purchasing (or even acquiring for free) any timeshare. Take your time doing so and do not rush into any thing, contrary to what the sales people told you, because there will be many deals out there today and tomorrow.

As for Right of First Refusal (ROFR), very seldom is it applied. It simply means that if you and a potential seller agree to purchase his unit or points for a certain price and Marriott feels that the price was too low for its liking, Marriott can exercise its ROFR and purchase it from the seller for that price. It just simply means that you will have to try to find another one of the many out there.

But again, first and foremost, rescind your purchase. Then think about a resale purchase.