Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Canadian Timeshare - Have you sold one -- How? (by Phil L.):

stevew188 wrote:
Well my Week 52 in Mont Tremblant Quebec (close to Montreal) is going to be posted where ever I can find free sites (challenging). I will post any information I can to let you know how I end up. All the pay up front companies tell me that this should be a no-brainer but they want 499-699 US to list with them. What else do you think they would say?

Money staying in my wallet.

Your one of the smart people! Keep that money.

Try Craigslist and they are a free site that you can have e-mails go through them and decide who you want to deal with!

I found Quebec,Ontario,Alberta and six other cities in your area.

You can also go on sites in some big city area's like San Francisco/Bay Area or Vegas, New York.

Try using different area's and listing pictures is good idea.

You need to space your ads out some so Craigslist doesn't delete some. They won't let you run same ad all over but if you spread the days out it very seldom gets noticed.

Large cities only run about seven days and you need to re-enter a ad because these list move so fast. Smaller area's stay on forty five days before you lose it.

Many people selling higher price item will list a new ad about every four days to keep it up front.

I have seen ad's in San Francisco area drop down sixty pages in four days and for someone just surfing chances they will never see it. Of coarse if the go to the site for your timeshare in your country then it pops right up but this takes people with some smarts to do this!

We gave our daughter a car for graduation from high school and sold her car on Craigslist in less than a week.

We listed in five different area's of Calif and Nevada and Washington. We had nine responses of which we only talk to five that came across as not playing games. We sold the car in a week to a family from Nevada out by the Ariz border.

After seeing the pictures we posted and talking to us they flew out here and bought the car for there son.

We have had updates how they still thank us and tell us how great the car is.

We also sold some fastpitch softball gear on the Dublin/ Livermore Ca site in less than three days.

We also sold some high priced fastpitch bats that we listed on local site and Southern Ca site. Sold couple to high school coach in Southern Ca and another two to a parent in Houston Texas.

We just listed a bedroom set in the Modesto Ca listing and sold it first day! 1/26/08

I can tell you Craigslist works but like any site be careful and do your homework!

Also don't be one of these dumb people that goes through all this and then ask for a high price thinking you can drop the price. People don't like games and will offer maybe once and that is it. Timeshare (resales) is cheap so ask for a price you want and think will sell.

Good Luck!