Timeshare Companies

Canadian Timeshare - Have you sold one -- How?

Apr 10, 2007

I have tried numerous ways to sell my Canadian Timeshare. Is there anyone who has some helpful solutions?

Pat C.
Apr 11, 2007

Try listing it on Redweek at a reasonable selling price. If you don't get any offers in the next few weeks then keep dropping the price until you start getting some interest.

If you bought from the developer you will not get your investment back. Resales typically sell for 1/3 to 1/4 of what was paid the developer.

R P.
Apr 25, 2007

Out of interest, which one is it?

Steve W.
Apr 26, 2007

stevew188 wrote:
Carriage Hills Resort

Pat C.
Apr 27, 2007

Have you tried contacting the resort directly?

Steve W.
Apr 30, 2007

stevew188 wrote:
Have you tried contacting the resort directly?
More than once, and they state that they do not buy back.

I am at my wits end.

Have you dealt with CHR? Have you sold a timeshare?

Pat C.
May 01, 2007

Many (most) resorts will not rebuy weeks from owners. The resort's main interest is getting the maintenance fees each year from the owner after a week has been sold, not rebuying weeks and trying to resale them.

patc131 wrote:
Have you dealt with CHR? Have you sold a timeshare?

R P.
May 01, 2007

patc131 wrote:
I have tried numerous ways to sell my Canadian Timeshare. Is there anyone who has some helpful solutions?

Hi there. Finally, someone from Canada interested in selling a time share. I too am finding it very difficult to even find much info on Canadian Timeshares. I did register with Redweek, it cost 90.00 odd dollars u.s. which was a little more than I had expected. As I had to become a member, pay for a little ad to come up first for 1 week, etc.etc. Of course nothing has happened,,but not enough time has passed. I own at Georgian Manor Golf and Country Club in Collingwood. Same thing, high pressure sales, blah, blah. A company named Rapid Resales has been doggin me to sign up with them. Only 799.00 Canadian and they will literally grab the people off the streets before they get to any of the Collingwood timeshare sales pitches!! Yeah, right. I have contacted a real estate agent in Collingwood and he is going to try to find out some more info as to what is my best option.

Meg Y.

Last edited by marty8084 on May 01, 2007 03:45 PM

May 02, 2007

You must price it at an amount that will garner interest from the market (buyer), no matter what you may have paid initially for your timeshare. Resales typically sell for 1/3 to 1/4 of developer costs.... that is IF your timeshare week and/or season is marketable at all (supply and demand rules in the world of timesharing). Keep dropping your price until you start getting emails or interest in your timeshare.

megy wrote:

Hi there. Finally, someone from Canada interested in selling a time share. I too am finding it very difficult to even find much info on Canadian Timeshares. I did register with Redweek, it cost 90.00 odd dollars u.s. which was a little more than I had expected. As I had to become a member, pay for a little ad to come up first for 1 week, etc.etc. Of course nothing has happened,,but not enough time has passed. I own at Georgian Manor Golf and Country Club in Collingwood. Same thing, high pressure sales, blah, blah. A company named Rapid Resales has been doggin me to sign up with them. Only 799.00 Canadian and they will literally grab the people off the streets before they get to any of the Collingwood timeshare sales pitches!! Yeah, right. I have contacted a real estate agent in Collingwood and he is going to try to find out some more info as to what is my best option.

R P.
May 02, 2007

jayjay wrote:
You must price it at an amount that will garner interest from the market (buyer), no matter what you may have paid initially for your timeshare. Resales typically sell for 1/3 to 1/4 of developer costs.... that is IF your timeshare week and/or season is marketable at all (supply and demand rules in the world of timesharing). Keep dropping your price until you start getting emails or interest in your timeshare.

megy wrote:

Do share what you learn from the Real Estate Agent. I have tried in the Toronto region and no one wants to touch it. I guess being in the region that the timeshare is in, it will help.

I find that reading each site for timeshare sales, they really help the USA economy, and never really talk about other countries such as Canada, so that it promotes interest for timeshares here.

Just think we have so much to offer, 4 seasons, especially in Ontario, we have Niagara Falls, the CN Tower, the Rogers Center, and beautiful parks. There is so much to do here with an Ontario Timeshare, but I guess we will really never get recognized.

What can we do as CDN timeshare holders to promote on this or any other site

Good luck if you get your sold, and if you do, remember to come back and let us know what happened, and what you did to get it sold.

As for Rapid Resale -- I too have looked at this company, but I have been burnt once by a company like this, and I am very caucious. The same people worked at the Carriage Hill Resort and were not all together truthful. I have spent time speaking with Rapid -- but no -- not going to get my monies

Pat C.
May 03, 2007

patc131 wrote:
jayjay wrote:

megy wrote:

Do share what you learn from the Real Estate Agent. I have tried in the Toronto region and no one wants to touch it. I guess being in the region that the timeshare is in, it will help.

I find that reading each site for timeshare sales, they really help the USA economy, and never really talk about other countries such as Canada, so that it promotes interest for timeshares here.

Just think we have so much to offer, 4 seasons, especially in Ontario, we have Niagara Falls, the CN Tower, the Rogers Center, and beautiful parks. There is so much to do here with an Ontario Timeshare, but I guess we will really never get recognized.

What can we do as CDN timeshare holders to promote on this or any other site

Good luck if you get your sold, and if you do, remember to come back and let us know what happened, and what you did to get it sold.

As for Rapid Resale -- I too have looked at this company, but I have been burnt once by a company like this, and I am very caucious. The same people worked at the Carriage Hill Resort and were not all together truthful. I have spent time speaking with Rapid -- but no -- not going to get my monies

Hello again. Thanks for responding and your comments. I too agree that no matter what anyone says,,,,we DO have a lot to offer in Ontario, especially the Collingwood, Barrie areas. It would take one trip in the fall even to see the beautiful colours,,,but alas,,,,we are in Canada. The people from the U.S. and other countries think we still live in Igloos!! I have not heard back from the real estate fellow, but am patiently awaiting his call. I think in the next month or so, I am going to take a trip up to collingwood and do some investigating. Possibly with the chamber, local newspaper, the resort, maybe make a visit to Rapid Resales to see what is up there. There is NO WAY I am paying them upfront. When I first went to the sales pitch meeting for Georgian Manor,,,,the starting price was 24,000.00!! That was a joke. My husband and I were the last two to leave the conference hall,,,,,it was almost embarassing to me, but he was determined not to pay anywhere near to the asking price. You know,,,then they offered free trip, memberships to ICE and RCI, free robes, free luggage, blah, blah, blah. We ended up with all the freebies and at least half of the original price. So,,,when I list it on Redweek for only 5,000.00 , I do not feel like it is overpriced at all,,,but again supply and demand!

Anywho,,,I will definitely keep all informed of any "new" news on Canadian Timeshares and how to resell them without being scammed,,,(if that is at all possible!!!)

Meg Y.
May 10, 2007

Well my Week 52 in Mont Tremblant Quebec (close to Montreal) is going to be posted where ever I can find free sites (challenging). I will post any information I can to let you know how I end up. All the pay up front companies tell me that this should be a no-brainer but they want 499-699 US to list with them. What else do you think they would say? Money staying in my wallet.

Steve W.
May 10, 2007

stevew188 wrote:
Well my Week 52 in Mont Tremblant Quebec (close to Montreal) is going to be posted where ever I can find free sites (challenging). I will post any information I can to let you know how I end up. All the pay up front companies tell me that this should be a no-brainer but they want 499-699 US to list with them. What else do you think they would say?

Money staying in my wallet.

Your one of the smart people! Keep that money.

Try Craigslist and they are a free site that you can have e-mails go through them and decide who you want to deal with!

I found Quebec,Ontario,Alberta and six other cities in your area.

You can also go on sites in some big city area's like San Francisco/Bay Area or Vegas, New York.

Try using different area's and listing pictures is good idea.

You need to space your ads out some so Craigslist doesn't delete some. They won't let you run same ad all over but if you spread the days out it very seldom gets noticed.

Large cities only run about seven days and you need to re-enter a ad because these list move so fast. Smaller area's stay on forty five days before you lose it.

Many people selling higher price item will list a new ad about every four days to keep it up front.

I have seen ad's in San Francisco area drop down sixty pages in four days and for someone just surfing chances they will never see it. Of coarse if the go to the site for your timeshare in your country then it pops right up but this takes people with some smarts to do this!

We gave our daughter a car for graduation from high school and sold her car on Craigslist in less than a week.

We listed in five different area's of Calif and Nevada and Washington. We had nine responses of which we only talk to five that came across as not playing games. We sold the car in a week to a family from Nevada out by the Ariz border.

After seeing the pictures we posted and talking to us they flew out here and bought the car for there son.

We have had updates how they still thank us and tell us how great the car is.

We also sold some fastpitch softball gear on the Dublin/ Livermore Ca site in less than three days.

We also sold some high priced fastpitch bats that we listed on local site and Southern Ca site. Sold couple to high school coach in Southern Ca and another two to a parent in Houston Texas.

We just listed a bedroom set in the Modesto Ca listing and sold it first day! 1/26/08

I can tell you Craigslist works but like any site be careful and do your homework!

Also don't be one of these dumb people that goes through all this and then ask for a high price thinking you can drop the price. People don't like games and will offer maybe once and that is it. Timeshare (resales) is cheap so ask for a price you want and think will sell.

Good Luck!

Phil L.

Last edited by phill12 on Feb 01, 2008 09:45 AM

Nov 07, 2011

Yes,,I have had an experience with Rapid Re-sales,,basically promised me,,said they were right next door to Georgian Manor and like you heard, scooped the people off the street. Checked with Better Business Bureau in Collingwood and chamber of commerce,,no bad news about these crooks,,,so, like a fool paid them 800.00 and never heard from them again. I had to phone them a couple of times,,,had my listing wrong, etc. never got thru to the guy who was successful in scamming me. I am about to right now call the Collingwood Chamber of Commerce and register a complaint with better business bureau,,it's a matter of principle. They are bullshitters,,,do not get taken like I did. I have been trying to see Georgian Manor one bedroom for a while....but have given up and be damned if I will give it back so they can make more money!!!!!!!!! I just use it every other year or try the exchange thing now and then.

Margaret Y.
Oct 27, 2012

I have been shook down a couple of times, we need a change in legislation Can you contact me. 7055200051

Anne S.
Mar 02, 2014

I also have a Carriage Hills Time Share I am trying to unload after 10years now. What and how did you finally sell it?

patc131 wrote:
stevew188 wrote:
Carriage Hills Resort

Ian B.
Apr 08, 2016

Dud you finally sell it, I will be listing mine soon.

ianb100 wrote:
I also have a Carriage Hills Time Share I am trying to unload after 10years now. What and how did you finally sell it?

patc131 wrote:
stevew188 wrote:
Carriage Hills Resort

Carol F.
May 10, 2016

Anyone else still having trouble with the resale of Carriage Hills?

Jennifer R.
May 27, 2017

No. I tried a lot. I paid a mexican company(999.00)usd any after a year thy tol me they can not sell. At least thy paid one year maintenence fee for me, which was actually 999.00,usd. If someone is successfull or trying to chanve legislation , please post it!

annes304 wrote:
I have been shook down a couple of times, we need a change in legislation Can you contact me. 7055200051

Can I call you?

Ferdinant A.
May 27, 2017

Bkg mistake I bought this.

Ferdinant A.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.