Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Which Island View building should I stay in? (by Terry H.):

Thanks Leah, I have purchased two resale units in the last five years. Waiohai last year, and one in CO five years ago. You can buy them on various websites , including Redweek and even eBay. The price is usually 30-50% cheaper than retail. I usually rent and/or trade my CO timeshare.

There are closing companies that specialize in nothing but timeshares. It cost about $350-500. Just make sure you have checked out the title company - Redweek can help you and actually handle the closing.

At Waiohai, I cannot exchange my unit for Marriott Rewards points because I bought resale. This is something that only Marriott offers as a perk. Kind of a bummer, but I saved about $10K. We love to stay in Marriotts, which is why we bought Waiohai. I figured it will have excellent trade value for future Marriott stays. We shall see.

Followup. Is there a building that at Waiohai that I should not get? I have read that some units overlook a parking lot. Which buildings have the best views from the balcony? We are looking forward to going in July. Are there any activities and/or companies that you would suggest? (tours, luaus, restaurants etc..)

Thanks, Terry