Marriott's Waiohai Beach Club

Which Island View building should I stay in?

Apr 11, 2007

I bought a resale unit here and am making my first trip this summer. I reserved two rooms, one with my timeshare and one as a rental. If any of you have stayed at Waiohai and know which building I should ask for, please post it here.

Thanks, Terry

Terry H.
May 18, 2007

We just returned a couple of days ago from here. It is beautiful. If you like quiet, pick building 3 or 4. There are no sidewalks by the buildings, close to parking, close to grills,hammocks, and pool/jacuzzi. If you want to be closer to the beach I would pick building 7 or 8. It is definitely a personal preference. Could I ask you how a resale unit works?We purchased 2 weeks every other year here and would like to check into buying a resale. Any info would be great. Mahalo and aloha. Leah

Leah S.
May 20, 2007

Thanks Leah, I have purchased two resale units in the last five years. Waiohai last year, and one in CO five years ago. You can buy them on various websites , including Redweek and even eBay. The price is usually 30-50% cheaper than retail. I usually rent and/or trade my CO timeshare.

There are closing companies that specialize in nothing but timeshares. It cost about $350-500. Just make sure you have checked out the title company - Redweek can help you and actually handle the closing.

At Waiohai, I cannot exchange my unit for Marriott Rewards points because I bought resale. This is something that only Marriott offers as a perk. Kind of a bummer, but I saved about $10K. We love to stay in Marriotts, which is why we bought Waiohai. I figured it will have excellent trade value for future Marriott stays. We shall see.

Followup. Is there a building that at Waiohai that I should not get? I have read that some units overlook a parking lot. Which buildings have the best views from the balcony? We are looking forward to going in July. Are there any activities and/or companies that you would suggest? (tours, luaus, restaurants etc..)

Thanks, Terry

Terry H.
Dec 03, 2008

Hi Terry,

I can't recommend a building because I've only stayed there with my cousin who owns an ocean view. But I can recommend Kauai Backcountry Adventures for their tubing adventure and for their zip-lining. The tubing consists of floating down the former irrigation channels and goes through three very dark tunnels. You wear a hard hat with a light on it. Quite cool. Both tubing and zip-lining were well done and felt very safe. We did an ATV tour that was arranged in Koloa Town and started at the old sugarcane factory that you'll see between Koloa Town and Poipu. Lots of fun.

Check out the Whaler's Village across the street from Poipu for restaurants - Roy's, Keoki's and especially Puka Dog. Brick Oven Pizza is also good. Also, be sure to have a shave ice. I recommend Paradise Shave Ice in Hanalei.

We love Waiohai and bought our own gardenview unit. We can't wait until our first stay. Enjoy!

Barry T.
Dec 17, 2008

Hi Terry,

There are a few in building five that overlook the parking lot. My favorite island view is building three and four! You'll have a great time no matter where you stay. Waiohai has great trading with Interval International too.

Jean

Jean S.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.