maintenance costs

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: maintenance costs (by John S.):

I am very upset at the antics of the people that are running the show. My mother was told that she would be able to use her week check-in 7/13/2007! She was told this about 30 days ago when she was on the phone inquiring about occupancy and paying her 809.00 special assesment. If I had not gotten involved she would have shown up at the resort with anticipation of enjoying her first usage of the resort since she bought in 2005 having traveled from Chicago and meeting her friend from Tenn of whom also would have payed for airfare,rental car,boarding of animals etc. When I called we were offered again a worthless RCI bonus week that costs the developer either ten dollars of free, and then a couple of days later a sales rep calls and tries to sell FairShare points and states that is the only way that you can use anything of real value etc. Do the math...last years maintenance plus this years, plus 1618.00 of assesmsnts(two bedroom ownership)equals over 3000.00 paid in those fees for somehting she can't use. Sure she could have the bonus week and payed the rental cost to use it in a low demand, oversupplyresort/area etc. but that is not what she has been paying for. We were told in fall of 2005 that we would have use in 2006, then in 2006 we were told we could use in 2007 and then in 2007 (30 days ago) we were told we could use this year and now we are told that the resort is guarenteed to be completed in Dec 2007...what are we going to be told next?????????????? Please feel free to reply should you have any constructive ideas.