Anybody been there?

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Anybody been there? (by Mary D.):

ira10 wrote:
Hi,

We just returned from the Los Cabos area this past week and spent about a few hours touring the new Grand Mayan. It is absolutely spectacular as one would expect from any of the Grands.

As of the last week of July, much of the common areas of the resort were completed. The pool areas were mostly finished, as were the lobby and much of the interiors and the entrance to the resort.

I don't know about the restaurants because we were not allowed to go downstairs to the level where they were doing the more heavy construction.

All the rooms are not finished yet, but they are definetely having their Grand "soft" opening on Sept. 1. This means that they will be opening with about 30% of the rooms complete. They said that they will be fully functional by mid fall way before the Thanksgiving rush.

This resort is much smaller than the one in Nuevo Vallarta or Acapulco. There is no water slide, or lazy river, or wave pool. It is much more of a boutique style hotel and probably more suited to adults than to families with young kids.

All of the rooms there are 2 BR's that can then be locked off to the 1 BR/ Master Rooms.

All of the rooms face the ocean. The pools are located directly next to the beach and some have chairs in the water facing the ocean.

Much of the pool area has the white beds with the dark wooden frames covered with the white sheets. The pool areas are very clean and white looking.

The rooms are exactly the same except for the use of dark wood and a deeper color palate.

The lobby is all in black granite and really spectacular. Again.

The resort is very close to the downtown area of San Jose Del Cabo, 15 minutes from the airport, and about a 25 minute car ride to Cabos San Lucas. It's on a very nice beach that is swimmable. Most in the Los Cabos area are not.

It's going to be one of their Best locations!

There is ONLY a Grand Mayan in this location. There will not be a Mayan Palace built here at all.

We already have reservations to go there with friends this winter.

Beth

===

Thanks for all the helpful information. I made my reservations for Cancun and totally forgot to inquire about the opening of Cabo! Sorry. MD