Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: First American Title (by R P.):

mike1536 wrote:
RedWeek encourages the use of an escrow company for rental transactions. Another poster stated, "...in my own limited observations and experience, First American Title has been either very slow to respond to inquiries or, in other instances, entirely unresponsive at all".

Does anyone else have any experience with First American Title or any other escrow companies?

You can do a search (top right hand corner under 'I want to .......') then click search and enter the words escrow companies, or timeshare closing companies or rental escrow companies. There have been discussions of recommended companies in these forums.

I have had experience with closing companies only using escrow for buying/sales, however I have never used an escrow company for a rental, but it's a good idea to do so in order for the renter and owner to be protected.

There seems to be some companies that supposedly offer rentals and when the money is sent the renters never hear from them again. Using an escrow service eliminates these types of scams, however I would not use an escrow service recommended by any rental company. I would use an independent service.