Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

How much is a timeshare at the Westin Ka'anapali worth on the resale market? (by Phuong P.):

Hello all,

I am fairly new to this site and the Timeshare market, so all your advice would be greatly appreciated. I have a young family and have been thinking about purchasing a timeshare at the Westin Ka'anapali. Having a familiar place to vacation each year makes it easy to plan with young children. I have seen different level of prices, obviously reflecting the number of rooms, view, and weeks. However, if I want to buy a 2bd.2ba lockoff, island view or ocean view (can't possibly afford oceanfront), annual usage, what can I expect to pay on the resale market. Also, why are the maintenance fees so varied for this property? I have seen some maintenance fees as high as $2000?

Is this a resort where I can find deals from a seller who wishes to sell it below its market value because he/she no longer wants the burden of the annual maintenance fees? Or is this one of the resort that will always sell within or above market levels? I have talked to several resale brokers and they all talk a good game, but I just want some straight answers. Thanks in advance for your advise.