Resort Info

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Resort Info (by Carol S.):

alexr33 wrote:
susanj37 wrote:
carols15 wrote:
susanj37 wrote:
We own week 27 and love Virginia Beach, especially the BQ. Do wish they would update the rooms....Did anyone get their unit updated this year???? Didn't get to go this year...went to Myrtle Beach instead and all family decided we wanted to back to VB!!!! We do love the Clarion's amenities and location!

NO -- they have NOT updated. We love VA Beach, too, and own week 21, but the place has gotten stale, and the lack of new furnishings has made going there a somewhat dreaded experience. Last year they came in and painted some trim without notice, and I had to leave because of allergies/sensitivities. The developer has done a lot of great things in the VA Beach community and deserves a lot of credit, but we feel like it has been on our backs, so to speak. Carol

I was afraid of that.....the lack of updating was my main complaint, but what I basically pay for the t.share I can't get another hotel with the amenities....Like you said, the developer has done great things, but at our expense....they get you to buy into it by promising everything and if we are stupid enough to fall for it, we are hooked. They also insinuate to you that they would have no problem buying it back, but that is false as well.

They are suppose to replace furniture every 7 years. Last time it was done after Hurricane Bonnie in the summer of 1999. I will definitely have a serious discussion with them if it is not updated by next summer. Clarion-like amenities are hard to find in VB but the developer must keep their end of the bargain with the interior of the rooms.

What they told us when we bought was that the furnishings would be changed every 3 years. I remember commenting that this was frequent, and oh, how the sales person stressed that such special care was needed at an oceanfront property, yada yada.

I think we should form an owners' association within the so-called official owners' association, and find our way to Bruce Thompson. I went over to Turtle Cay and chatted with the person on duty there, and heard all about how Thompson wanders around checking things out for himself in the resort, and told her to tell him he needs to do some checking at the Clarion.

This summer, I found a pair of earrings at the roof top pool, and was pretty sure they were genuine diamonds, and was fairly sure I knew who they belonged to. I went to the front desk to turn them in, and the snotty gal on duty tossed them into a drawer. She didn't even put them in an envelope. I insisted she give them back, and she could have the owner call me. I felt they were safer in my hands than the Clarion staff's. Sure enough, within an hour, the person showed up at the desk in a big panic. So she got her diamond earrings back -- no thanks, in my opinion, to the efficiency or the concern of the timeshare/hotel staff.

Grrr. Who wants to write a group letter?