Beach Quarters Resort

Resort Info

Nov 10, 2006

Hello, Im a owner of 2 units at this resort for 6 yrs now. If you have Questions or need infomation about the resort I will try to answer them. Thanks and have a great Vacation.

Todd A.
Nov 19, 2006

My husband and I recently purchased there, and are not sure if it was a wise investment.

Have you rented your units and if so, what has been your experience?

Sherri N.
Nov 19, 2006

sherrin7 wrote:
My husband and I recently purchased there, and are not sure if it was a wise investment.

Have you rented your units and if so, what has been your experience?

We usally rent out 1 of our units and use the other depending on what week fits our time off with the kids. As for renting we have had good results renting. We have also rented part of week unit into a 2 part week( we use the 1st part(sat-wed-4days) or second part(wed-sat-3 days) if we couldnt use the week in full. You get a comp cleaning on wed for guest check in after 4pm. on the Wed. E-mail me if you have specific questions (like pricing-advertising). P.s we feel that the investment for use is worth it, as rent covers dues with a extra as intrest consided on the initial investment .

Todd A.
Feb 04, 2007

takk1956 wrote:
Hello, Im a owner of 2 units at this resort for 6 yrs now. If you have Questions or need infomation about the resort I will try to answer them. Thanks and have a great Vacation.

Would love to know how much to rent our unit for...just bought a 2 unit lock/out week 17 april 28-may 5 Also did you do it through the resort or on your own?

Bethanne B.
Feb 06, 2007

bethanneb2 wrote:
takk1956 wrote:

Would love to know how much to rent our unit for...just bought a 2 unit lock/out week 17 april 28-may 5 Also did you do it through the resort or on your own?

Hello, I cant tell you direct what to rent your unit for, But I can tell you that I use 20 to 35 % off what the Unit would cost someone to book it as if booking at Unit direct from the resorts before taxes web site:(http://www.virginiabeachclarion.com) Also use current prices from Redweek / MyResort network and a few others. Keep in mind taxes have been paid in your dues for usage so when you rent to someone you are saving them 13% rate tax so you can see there is a savings to a potential renter. Also I dont usally get great responce tell 60 days prior because people just dont plan/wish they did.So hold out on your usage submit tell 45 day tell usage time. As well as they will usally make a change for you up tell the last week if you got a renter. And you can split the week up into 3day 4 day usage. just break the transfer of people on the preset Wed cleaning for check in and out. We have done that several time because we dont have a full week we can spend and still get a return on unit. Hope this helps. Todd A

Todd A.
Feb 10, 2007

takk1956 wrote:

Could you please call me...i have a few questions I would love to ask you...I just bought a 2 br lockout thanks Bethanne

Bethanne B.

Last edited by marty8084 on Feb 10, 2007 03:55 PM

Feb 10, 2007

bethanneb2

takk1956 wrote:

Could you please call me...i have a few questions I would love to ask you...I just bought a 2 br lockout thanks Bethanne [/Q

I have your phone #

Todd A.
Feb 10, 2007

takk1956 bethanneb2

takk1956 wrote:

Could you please call me...i have a few questions I would love to ask you...I just bought a 2 br lockout thanks Bethanne [/Q

I have your phone #[/Q] To be on the safe side I would remove your phone # from this posting.

Todd A.
Jun 22, 2007

Has anyone been there lately? Have they made any improvements yet?

Sherri N.
Jun 24, 2007

The building outside was recently painted, elevators replaced and one of the pools updated.

Alexander R.
Jul 14, 2007

alexr33 wrote:
The building outside was recently painted, elevators replaced and one of the pools updated.

Hi, I have rented for about ten years and plan to make an offer on a unit this week. Three for sale are on floors 7,10 and 12. Any recommendations about what floor would be best? Thanks.

HP

Heidi P.
Jul 14, 2007

sherrin7 wrote:
Has anyone been there lately? Have they made any improvements yet?

I was wondering if anyone knows what a fair purchase price is for a red week on a continental room (2 doubles and sleeper sofa). Thanks

HP

Heidi P.
Aug 08, 2007

takk1956 wrote:
ME AND MY WIFE STAYED @THE RESORT ON OUR ANNIVERSARY WENT THROUGH TIME SHARE CLASS WAS THINKING ABOUT BUYING A RESALE TIME SHARE ANY ADVICE ON HOW PURCHASE A RESALE

Chris W.
Aug 08, 2007

chrisw190 wrote:
takk1956 wrote:
ME AND MY WIFE STAYED @THE RESORT ON OUR ANNIVERSARY WENT THROUGH TIME SHARE CLASS WAS THINKING ABOUT BUYING A RESALE TIME SHARE ANY ADVICE ON HOW PURCHASE A RESALE
Find out as much as possible about the seller,You can find units here and on Myresortnetwork.com,Vacationtimesharerentals.com,peak time is june to late august so it cost more and Be patient if you purchase because it will take about 12 weeks to receive any Deed to unit and resort will not tell you anything only the Ownwers Assoc. will talk with Owners. So know your seller reputation!

Todd A.
Sep 12, 2007

We own week 27 and love Virginia Beach, especially the BQ. Do wish they would update the rooms....Did anyone get their unit updated this year???? Didn't get to go this year...went to Myrtle Beach instead and all family decided we wanted to back to VB!!!! We do love the Clarion's amenities and location!

Susan J.
Oct 24, 2007

susanj37 wrote:
We own week 27 and love Virginia Beach, especially the BQ. Do wish they would update the rooms....Did anyone get their unit updated this year???? Didn't get to go this year...went to Myrtle Beach instead and all family decided we wanted to back to VB!!!! We do love the Clarion's amenities and location!

NO -- they have NOT updated. We love VA Beach, too, and own week 21, but the place has gotten stale, and the lack of new furnishings has made going there a somewhat dreaded experience. Last year they came in and painted some trim without notice, and I had to leave because of allergies/sensitivities. The developer has done a lot of great things in the VA Beach community and deserves a lot of credit, but we feel like it has been on our backs, so to speak. Carol

Carol S.
Oct 24, 2007

carols15 wrote:
susanj37 wrote:

NO -- they have NOT updated. We love VA Beach, too, and own week 21, but the place has gotten stale, and the lack of new furnishings has made going there a somewhat dreaded experience. Last year they came in and painted some trim without notice, and I had to leave because of allergies/sensitivities. The developer has done a lot of great things in the VA Beach community and deserves a lot of credit, but we feel like it has been on our backs, so to speak. Carol

I was afraid of that.....the lack of updating was my main complaint, but what I basically pay for the t.share I can't get another hotel with the amenities....Like you said, the developer has done great things, but at our expense....they get you to buy into it by promising everything and if we are stupid enough to fall for it, we are hooked. They also insinuate to you that they would have no problem buying it back, but that is false as well.

Susan J.
Oct 26, 2007

susanj37 wrote:
carols15 wrote:
susanj37 wrote:

I was afraid of that.....the lack of updating was my main complaint, but what I basically pay for the t.share I can't get another hotel with the amenities....Like you said, the developer has done great things, but at our expense....they get you to buy into it by promising everything and if we are stupid enough to fall for it, we are hooked. They also insinuate to you that they would have no problem buying it back, but that is false as well.

They are suppose to replace furniture every 7 years. Last time it was done after Hurricane Bonnie in the summer of 1999. I will definitely have a serious discussion with them if it is not updated by next summer. Clarion-like amenities are hard to find in VB but the developer must keep their end of the bargain with the interior of the rooms.

Alexander R.
Oct 26, 2007

alexr33 wrote:
susanj37 wrote:
carols15 wrote:
susanj37 wrote:

They are suppose to replace furniture every 7 years. Last time it was done after Hurricane Bonnie in the summer of 1999. I will definitely have a serious discussion with them if it is not updated by next summer. Clarion-like amenities are hard to find in VB but the developer must keep their end of the bargain with the interior of the rooms.

What they told us when we bought was that the furnishings would be changed every 3 years. I remember commenting that this was frequent, and oh, how the sales person stressed that such special care was needed at an oceanfront property, yada yada.

I think we should form an owners' association within the so-called official owners' association, and find our way to Bruce Thompson. I went over to Turtle Cay and chatted with the person on duty there, and heard all about how Thompson wanders around checking things out for himself in the resort, and told her to tell him he needs to do some checking at the Clarion.

This summer, I found a pair of earrings at the roof top pool, and was pretty sure they were genuine diamonds, and was fairly sure I knew who they belonged to. I went to the front desk to turn them in, and the snotty gal on duty tossed them into a drawer. She didn't even put them in an envelope. I insisted she give them back, and she could have the owner call me. I felt they were safer in my hands than the Clarion staff's. Sure enough, within an hour, the person showed up at the desk in a big panic. So she got her diamond earrings back -- no thanks, in my opinion, to the efficiency or the concern of the timeshare/hotel staff.

Grrr. Who wants to write a group letter?

Carol S.
Nov 14, 2007

When they sold us the timeshare, they told us they HAVE to change the furniture every 5 years....isn't it funny how everybody gets info they want to hear so they will buy the timeshare??? I really love Va. Beach and that is the only reason I am trying not to sell mine....I just wish you could believe everything you are told!!!! Has anyone who has been to BQ recently noticed any units updated???? And I agree...we should have an owners committee or something and all demand all the promises we received be fulfilled~!

Susan J.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.