Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Westgate Property Owners (by Mary D.):

ken1193 wrote:
kekouri stated, in relevant part: >>I don't know if Ken or any of the other posted this website for unhappy wastegate owners. << ==================================

For the record, I do not own (and I have never at any previous time ever owned) a Westgate property. As also already stated, I don't actually claim to know a single thing about Westgate. I was merely observing publicly my own personal surprise (amazement, actually) at just how consistent and widespread the dissatisfaction of Westgate owners is, quite clearly and repeatedly expressed on several different (and completely unrelated to one another) timeshare discussion sites.

=======

Well, just to break the chain of criticism, I'll say one nice thing about Westgate. When we bought our first timeshare in Branson, it (Emerald Pointe) was owned by Grandvista. We could exchange into the hand full of other Grandvista resorts for $50--not perfect but OK. Now that Grandvista is part of Westgate, we are allowed to exchange into the other old Grandvistas at no charge.

Exchanging into original Westgate resorts, on the other hand, costs something like $139 for both us Grandvista folks and those who bought Westgate to begin with. (Usually, we bank this week because it is White, though we do love Emerald Pointe, whatever its current name.) MD