Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Westgate Property Owners (by Greg P.):

ken1193 wrote:
greg208 states in relevant part: >> I have been a very satisfied owner at Westgate Town Center for over 7 years and believe that Westgate is better than most time share companies in terms of delivering what they promise. << --------------------------------------------

I claim no knowledge about (nor do I have any ax to grind with) Westgate, but I must admit that this is among a VERY few positive postings I've ever read on any timeshare site in regard to Westgate. Far more often, unhappy Westgate owners (and/or former owners) seem to be ranting and raving about what they seem fond of calling "Wastegate" and grand poohbah "Mr. Seagull". I'm glad that yours seems to be a good experience, but it surely seems to be a statistically minority view...

Part of the reason why Westgate receives the amount of comments it does, could be because they are one of the original time share providers. Being around for a long time allows people to develop deepopinions. Also, the newer timeshare companies have learned from what Westgate had to develop themselves. Finally, I am tired of hearing about people's response to the time share presentation. If you decided to take a discounted rate that required a presentation, put up with the 90 minutes and then leave. If you are an owner or guest, don't accept to go unless you are truly interested in purchasing. If someone is rude to you, let them know and ask to speak to a supervisor immediately. I wish that high pressure sales people did not exist, but believe me, they are not exclusive to Westgate.

Greg