Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Staying at The Banyan (by Dave L.):

philip207 wrote:
I stayed at the Waikiki Banyan as a guest of Hawaiian Sun Holidays in January 2008. Our room was infested with cockroaches .The Front desk told me it was a private unit and to inform the Property manager. The Property Manager's comment was "this is the tropics".He said our room would be sprayed the next day. It wasn't. Maybe the next Guest's will be more successful than we were. Usually Redweek's star rating is fairly accurate but this resort is the worst Timeshare I've stayed at and is really only a 2 star at best. The furniture is cheap and as a result has not stood up. There's no dishwasher , no midweek clean, no shampoo , no towel replacement unless you deliver them at a specified time to the Manager. The unit is really a "studio" but because there's partition doors separating the bedroom ,they call it a one bedroom. A 10am checkout is considered a "Late checkout". We enjoyed Waikiki but will never return to this Condo.

I would suggest the Marriott for you where you'll pay $350 to $450 per night. Sweet dreams!