Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Dissatisfaction with timeshare... (by KC):

samd12 has stated: >> For those of us who have been somebody's breakfast, the benefit of hindsight and the observation that we should have been more diligent about our purchase is no comfort at all. Isn't there something wrong with a system (and industry) which is predicated on taking advantage of customers' ignorance and/or naivete? Isn't there something wrong with lying and misrepresenting something to make a sale? Isn't there something wrong with bullying, high-pressure sales tactics tailor made to prey on marks who lack knowledge or sophistication?

Just because us "breakfast" folks were stupid, doe that mean we deserved to be cheated?

The whole timeshare industry is nothing but capitalism at its very worst. It is a system of legalized theft and fraud concocted through a cynical cabal of greedy developers and corrupt politicians. << =================================================

I don't necessarily disagree with all of the above, but to my knowledge no one here has at any time called anyone else "stupid" for having made bad financial decisions and choices. No one can help or reverse the fact that people make bad choices (and let's be honest and acknowledge that they were indeed voluntary CHOICES, not robberies at gunpoint). That's "water under the bridge" now.

As I see it, the purpose and benefit of these forums is to inform, educate and help others (not to provide comfort and solace) via the free and voluntary exchange of information and acquired knowledge. In gaining applicable and important knowledge BEFORE making choices and decisions, people can (hopefully) be steered away from making the same expensive mistakes and bad decisions made by others before them.

To be sure, there are hungry sharks and greedy parasites galore in the timeshare industry. The same can be said, for that matter, of the automobile industry, the banking industry, the oil industry, and a whole multitude of others. No one is going to reverse the path (or moral standards) of capitalism in a Internet forum on timeshare, but I for one offer no apology whatsoever for trying to help educate the uninformed and unwary to learn how to swim BEFORE they dive head first into what are clearly dangerous waters. Those who already chose to dive in head first can't be helped much now. That's an unfortunare fact which can't be denied or reversed at this point, but which is (in my view) no reason to not try to educate others to hep them avoid the same fate.