Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Timeshare purchase advice (by Marianne J.):

glenjenniferm wrote:
I am new to timesharing and, other than the basic principles, not very knowleagable on the subject. I am thinking of buying a timeshare. From the little research I have done so far I think the point based sytems are better than the week based systems. Any thoughts on this and any other advice for a first time timeshare purchase would be really appreciated. Such as, web sites to check for timeshare resales, hidden fees to watch for or any other things that the average person wouldn't think about. Thanks
Be in no rush to buy Timeshare..read as much as you can..check out Forums and read the info regarding experiences others have...without knowledge you will be in the whales belly. This is high pressured sales and the representatives at these resorts will tell you all these white collar lies to get you to buy...then once you are suckered..you are stuck...make sure you review the contract when you get home..possible have someone with legal knowledge look them over for you...we are a victim in this area and will do everything we possible can to save others...I think the points works the same as the week...however the number of points you have determine how long you can stay there. Try not to buy directly from any resort...check the Better Business Bureau for reports...be very careful if you decide to buy. Also check out rippoffreport.com.