Scams

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Scams (by Tonya B.):

In February I received several calls throughout the day from Todd Palmer and his female coworker stating he was with Village Trader, Orlando, FL. He had a buyer for my timeshare who was attempting to get 100% approved financed by a bank. And, if this buyer decided not to go through with the deal that I would receive the cancellation fee that they had collected in advance from the buyer. Conveniently, after 5:00 pm, "Todd" called me back stating the deal was a go (which I kept saved on my cell phone voice message). Now, all I had to do was to give him my credit card number for a $2,000.00 fee (title search, deed, etc). When I asked why he was wanting to collect the money instead of the title company he placed me on hold. After about 3 minutes, "Todd" returned w/an unacceptable explanation. I further quizzed him for the Title Company, address, telephone number and the Attorney. "Todd" provide answers to all of the questions except Attorney's name. "Todd" said, Emerald Sea Title, 419 Magnolia, Orlando, 32801, 407-648-0048. So, I told "Todd" I would get back with him in the morning, and that I would not give him a cent until I verify information. After the call, I searched the internet. Sure enough Emeral Sea Title was listed with a website. The very next morning, I contacted Emerald Sea Title and asked for the attorney working with the "Village Trader." The lady at Emerald said, "you must be talking about Rick, his number is 407.648.8212. I called and left several messages to a voice message and live person. However, I never received a return call from Rick or Todd. The Attorney General said the other day, 9 times out of 10, if a company/person is asking for money upfront to run. And, just two weeks ago, I replied to a Redweek posting to sell a N. Myrtle Beach Timeshare. This man wanted me to send funds to his paypal account so that "he" could pay the title company. I said, "no, we should use title company with Redweek, and I'll send the $900 bucks to them." Never heard back from the man. With today's economy state people are despert. I am convinced that people will try anything...so buyer be aware!!!!!