Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Resort Solutions Inc (by Mike N.):

davidd320 wrote:
Well Redweek.com charges an upfront fee to post on the Rentals and the Sales pages - so does eBay - and Peggyg48 did say that the amount was "minimal". Which is not to say that it isn't a scam.
The business model of many upfront fee companies is to tell owners that they can sell or rent their units for a cost well beyond true market value. Just because a resort, such as Marriott, can sell or rent units for big bucks, doesn’t mean an owner will get the same money.

Upfront fee companies will charge hundreds of dollars and then list the unit on their website. Maybe someone will stumble upon it. These companies do NOT market your individual TS. Then when owners ask for the alleged refund, the company does not respond.

IF an upfront fee company was honest about the market value and told owners that their TS will be listed on a website, etc, etc, then I don’t have a problem with them. If people want to pay big bucks for that, then it is their choice. It is the deceit that gives these companies a bad name.

In any case, before listing your TS anywhere, do an internet search on “Timeshare Resales” and see which sites show up. I did this with one upfront fee company, who was solicited me and the company’s website was no where to be found.

As for RedWeek and other sites, the owner knows exactly what he/she is paying for. The owner has control of the listing, prices, etc. He/she can go on the website at any time and update the listing. The length of the listing is usually only for short period. The owner can choose to renew or not. RedWeek has been very good about responding to questions from their members.