Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: grand mayan luxxe villa (by Joan P.):

I have been a MP owner since 2002 and I visited MP Riviera Maya in February. As usual, I attended the "tour" and was subjected to the typical high pressure sales pitch. They made the upgrade opportunities for Grand Bliss sound so great, I fell for it....temporarily. After I left the sales office, I got my head on straight and started thinking about all their promises and guarantees with respect to rental income. They say things that are impossible to promise or guarantee, so you have to filter all that out when you're talking with them. Luckily for me, I rescinded my contract when I was still down there but I had to be very very assertive about that. And they were extremely rude and ugly to me. In my defense, I was very polite, dress very appropriately, and do not consider myself an "ugly American". Bottom line is that I will never never never attend another MP sales pitch again. I recommend that if you do, be very careful about distinguishing between what they say and what's in the contract. They can be trusted to abide by the contracts, but say an awful lot of BS in the sales pitch that is absolutely not true. If you like what you see and want to purchase or upgrade for your own use, super! You'll be happy. But don't count on making lots of $$$ from any of the rental programs they tout!